Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wayyy O/T - little girl's first b'day gift ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52698-wayyy-o-t-little-girls-first-bday-gift.html)

rouxsterre 06-18-2003 07:19 PM

Wayyy O/T - little girl's first b'day gift ?

Please maybe someone here has some experience in this sort of thing.
I need to come up with a gift of some sort for my little niece's first birthday. It needs to be a kind of good and thoughtful gift, as I did not buy a baby-shower gift when she was born (I am 3000 miles away), and am really not good at this sort of thing.

Anybody ? ? . . . please ? . . . . sure appreciate it . . . .

X-Rated30 06-18-2003 07:27 PM

She is a little young for headers, but some hi-perf exhaust manifolds with some stainless risers would make anyone's day.:D

rouxsterre 06-18-2003 07:35 PM

Thanks, but . . . I offered a free ride in Uncle Dave's new Fountain, and her mother wouldn't speak to me for two months. Something about egotistical, self-centered, etc., etc. . .

mxz800 06-18-2003 07:39 PM

do something a little out of the ordinary. anybody can get her a barbie set. buy her a fullsize outdoor use playhouse, ponyrides, the moonbounce rentals are always a big hit at kids birthday parties. just some thoughts.

X-Rated30 06-18-2003 07:43 PM

Originally posted by rouxsterre
Thanks, but . . . I offered a free ride in Uncle Dave's new Fountain, and her mother wouldn't speak to me for two months. Something about egotistical, self-centered, etc., etc. . .
Oh, MY sister would NEVER say that stuff about ME.:D :D :D

Look, play HER game now. Get YOUR revenge when you visit -- bring a 5 lb bag of assorted Ghirardelli chocolates and give it directly to the child. Nothing like chocolate for getting sugar and caffeine into children.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

rouxsterre 06-18-2003 07:50 PM

MXZ800 - That's the ticket - food for thought. However, I am looking for something that I can bring with me on the airplane from West Coast to East.
KaamaScarab30 - Well, it was actually my sister-in-law. Plus, there's a little history there . . .
BTW - doesn't SWM denote MALE ?

X-Rated30 06-18-2003 07:55 PM

Yeah, what is your point???:confused:

rouxsterre 06-18-2003 08:18 PM

KAAMA - sorry - honest, I didn't understand the 'ISO' until I sat and thought about it . . .

mxz800 06-18-2003 09:17 PM

where on the east coast is the party?? i am sure someone here would be more than helpful in lining something up for you locally. the rental alone would be too expensive to bring the ponies on the flight over:D

mopower 06-18-2003 09:32 PM

How about something really corny and sentimental like a Sterling Silver cup engraved with (neices name)'s first birthday and the date. Women go for that sort of chit:D
Friends of ours gave my son one when he was born... my wife went :crazy: over it:D .
Twentyfive years later(next month) , it's in a closet somewhere:confused: :D