Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hawk power, searace, Todd & what ever else he is know calling his company. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52719-hawk-power-searace-todd-what-ever-else-he-know-calling-his-company.html)

Quiet Storm 07-06-2003 11:26 AM

That looks like my boat. Whats the deal?

buckknekkid 07-06-2003 11:35 AM

Florida Scammers

Seized
A federal judge ordered that this 2002 38-foot Sonic 580-horsepower speedboat be auctioned off after the SEC sued Starcash Inc., a South Florida company that officials said fraudulently raised more than $6 million from investors, purportedly to finance payday advance loans. The boat sold for $81,000.
(Sun-Sentinel)

Copyright © 2003, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
:fish: :fish:

Quiet Storm 07-06-2003 05:52 PM

I just fell off my chair:eek: and I can't get up.:crazy:

BAD HTM SR 24 07-06-2003 10:56 PM

I called Todd with some questions about the 1100 HP motor he was selling on ebay back in May 2002.When i asked him about the motor he said it was completely rebuilt and only had dyno time on it.When i asked him about the motor not having a reserve on it ,his exact words were "If it doesn't bring enough money i will not sell it and he has one of his friends on their way home to jack up the price of the bidding by $20,000."That is when i posted something on OSO about it.Sounds like a scumbag to me,but that is just my opinion.

buckknekkid 07-07-2003 06:03 AM

it walks like a duck HTM!

if it quacks like a duck it MUST be a duck:chick: :chick: :chick:

wannabe 07-07-2003 09:12 AM

WOW

Buck..

I tried to find the article on this..

$ 81 k for a 2002 Sonic--

Yikes

Send us more info on auctions like this...

Have checkbook will travel.

buckknekkid 07-07-2003 12:11 PM

article

It was in the Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel on the weekend

CommitmentIssue 07-07-2003 01:39 PM

Hawk Power Sucks...

I bought a motor from Todd and the boys, bought the motor with expectations of getting it quickly. He promised the world to me, after calling them they told me that I would have it in 5 days. A week later I called looking for my motor. Todd would not call me back. Everytime I called (and I called 50+ times) he was always
to busy to take my call. After 2 weeks of waiting I started to panic. I called insisting to speak with him. When I called he acted like nothing had happened. He told me to "hold my horses" and to settle down. I asked for a refund of my 10,000 + dollars. He gave me all sorts of hassle. For over three more weeks I had to hound him to get my money back. I can tell you this, I would never even think of recommending him or his company.

Live by the web...die by the web.

Phknlwyr 07-07-2003 02:26 PM

Our posts are free; he paid OSO for his ad. There is no relationship. If they pull it, he can sue to get his money back. The only way this might be in the board's interest is that he can sue OSO and pay some people back with OSO's money Not an ideal solution, eh Board Gods???

I can personally assure you, with all confidence, that the above scenario would never come to pass.

PhantomChaos 07-07-2003 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)