Notices

Richmond boaters...

Old 06-20-2003, 08:51 AM
mlitefan

Angry Richmond boaters...

OK...With all of this rain, where is everyone boating? How is the river? Close to Richmond, it looks very muddy but I haven't looked down past Hopewell. Lots of debris floating?

I need to get my boat out of my frigging driveway and on some water!!!

Old 06-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Potomac River has a ton of debris in it. We broke a corner off one of the cavitation plates Saturday.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

mlitefan, the HRPA is hoping to meet the RPBA at Chippokes tomorrow. Weather permitting ofcourse.

I hear ya!! Got caught in the rain last Sunday and have been paying for it all week with a chest cold. ARGH!!!
Old 06-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I second that Skip. I was out two weekends ago, and saw floating trees in groups, from branches to roots. We may go out Sunday, but it looks at though the party at Mattawoman is a wash out this weekend.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:22 PM
mlitefan

I would love to head down to Chippokes but my 9 year old has a double header...going to be at the ball field all day long. Sunday is the day for me to get out.

I am thinking about going down to Jordan Point to put in and head down river. I may just have to trailer all the way down to Hampton and put in...but I NEED to get the boat wet, for sure.

Old 06-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Trailer it on down Larry...I'm sure a bunch of us will be out if it's nice....I think Steve (Cignificant) is still in Hatteras vacationing....
Old 06-20-2003, 02:29 PM
mlitefan

If I head down Rick, I am going to put in where I hooked up with you guys for the air show. I am not real familiar with the water down there so I am not sure where else to put in.

BTW...I appreciate the e-mail. I have been on the road again and just checked it today. Great tips on the spots to stay!

Old 06-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Registered

Planning a Sunday run to Chippokes and maybe stop at Kingsmill for a bite. We can meet at Jordan Point around 11am. Would like to hear how river is though, was out last Sunday wasn't too bad but ya gotta keep an eye out for river gators.
Anybody looked at it recently?
Old 06-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Given the current weather forecast, it looks like Sunday may be the day to head up river.....or whatever. Check in again in the morning.

mlitefan, keep us apprised of your plans.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:33 AM
mlitefan

Will do...Checking in Saturday morning as I get ready to take the kids to the ball field...

Wow...what a beautiful morning!!! I can only hope Sunday is this nice...

Quick Reply: Richmond boaters...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.