Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Alweiss in contempt???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52814-alweiss-contempt.html)

Shane 06-20-2003 12:27 PM

Alweiss in contempt????

I just read in the racer's milling area that Mike Alweiss was found to be in contempt. I have NO IDEA if this is fact or fiction. Just what someone wrote. I will copy and paste. Can anyone that knows FOR CERTAIN provide more FACTS? No speculation please. Just facts. Thanks.

Shane 06-20-2003 12:28 PM

Posted by jackson_staley in the racers milling area

I was informed the NY Courts ruled Michael Allweiss in contempt of court, they also affirmed the present board of directors, not the one Allweiss claims, as the legal board of directors of APBA.
There will be another hearing.
That's all I have heard, anyone have further information.
This is NOT a rumor.

GrinandBarrett 06-20-2003 01:55 PM

Shane,

I don't believe he has been found in contempt yet.
A motion has been filed to charge him with contempt of the
injunction. There has been a motion hearing set for June 27th.
At that hearing he has to prove he was'nt in contempt.
That is my understanding of the proceedings.

Grin

Gordo 06-20-2003 01:56 PM

Not a rumor??

Funny, but I question this as fact.
I would like to know who heard this, and from where....

Shane 06-20-2003 02:18 PM

Gordo,

As I stated, I just read it in the racers milling area and copied and pasted it here. The guys name is on my post above. Again, I NOT trying to START anything. I just wanted clarification because it was written about in the racers milling area. After reading the piece in POWERBOAT Magazine about the dispute last night, I have certainly become more informed than I was before.

Gordo 06-20-2003 07:48 PM

Shane,
Sorry dude, read the rest of it in the other areas after wards. I have a feeling someone is trying for some good press on their part before things come back to slap them.
So, to those who originally posted this information, I openly challenge you, where did you get this info?

mmwalters 06-20-2003 09:14 PM

I thought In Contempt was Pat Patels Boat?????? Maybe one lawyer is the same as another.:frog:

TulsaLarry 06-20-2003 09:38 PM

This is a bunch of CRAP. I'm not an attorney but I watched enough OJ to know that in a civil case there are just three parties, the Plaintiff, the Defendant and the Judge. A motion was filed for contempt against MA, the Defendant is not going to file against himself, the Judge does not file motions he hears them, so that leaves the Plantiff as the filer.

The person that started this is just trying to start a fuss and look good to the APBA.:confused: :mad:

jackson_staley 06-21-2003 08:43 AM

Since you seem to know what is going on. Didn't Mr. Allweiss file the first suit? So who's calling the kettle black?

I also corrected my post in the milling area. The original was a poor choice of words. I apologize for that.

RumRunner 06-21-2003 09:54 AM

As always the truth comes out. Thanks Steve.

Doug