Notices

Kicker Solobaric subs??

Old 06-17-2003, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kicker Solobaric subs??

Does anyone have theese on their boat?
I dont have much space and was considering a sb 12", they have a minimum required airspace of .88 cu.ft. for a sealed enclosure.

I have been talking to a lot of guys in the car audio world who say that the subs perform real chity with only .88
Does anyone here have any experience with the solobarics in a minimum airspace enclosure??
Old 06-17-2003, 10:16 AM
Registered

I have a Solobaric 12 on my boat. My problem is that it is an open fisherman so I really have limited space. I could not put it in the console because this thing generated so much bass that I was afraid it was going to break my Gaffrigs. The secret to those speakers is to run ALOT of power to them. Depending on which one you get they handle anywhere from 600 - 750 watts RMS. I am running 500 Watts RMS to mine. What I did to get bass out was I installed it in the anchor compartment. I had remove the door to install it and rig cushions and straps so it won't get beaten too bad. Put the door back and it is incognito. The only problem is when I crank it up, I literally have to open the anchor compartment door and at least two fish boxes. It sounds awesome.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Registered

I have 5 solobaric L7"s with a kicker 1200w on each pair in the rear. You can save about $100 each by going with L5's. Keep in mind a small sealed box requires more power than a ported box. Find you a good dealer and talk to his very best installer. There are many installers that can make any sub sound chity. The proper design for a stereo system in a boat is your main concern not nec. the brand. Good Luck
Old 06-17-2003, 07:22 PM
Registered

I have a pair of brand new Kicker Solobaric's in stock. OSO deal is $162.50 each. I also have some smokin deals on brand new Rockford Fosgate amps, have a few Orion display models, XTR 900's, etc. We are no longer an Orion dealer so we are blowing them out. Lots of different speakers too.

Feel free to direct any inquiry to [email protected] or call (813)882-8477

Buzz
Old 06-18-2003, 06:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two Kicker Comp 10" in sealed boxes under the bolsters. Sound grerat and hit hard. If I had it to do all over I would go with the square Solobaric, the 12 will fit in about the same space as a round 10 thus more pounding, also make sure you power to the max on your boat speakers.

WILL
Old 06-18-2003, 08:41 PM
Registered

The Solobarics are very power hungry. It takes big power and many batteries to sustain big power to push them properly. There are better choices.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:11 AM
Registered

I dont have experience with the Solobarics but I did install two 10 inch Kicker subs in my last boat and am getting two 12s in my new boat. The 10s slammed with sealed boxes and a seperate amp just to run them. The key is to have a good shop do the install work. Particularly one that will vouch for their work. I had one problem with the initial install on my old boat and they fixed it for free. Good luck.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:03 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had great luck with the Polk Audio MOMO's. They sound great and are very efficient in small enclosures. If you want the simple solution then the Clarion Marine subs work really well also.

Jon