Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What a bummer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52950-what-bummer.html)

HyperBaja 06-23-2003 04:19 PM

Re: Sorry about your problem

Originally posted by Luv-N-It
You can come down and boat w/me anytime, seriously. Just let me know. Maybe it would give us an opportunity to plan out my stereo better in the boat!

Missed a great time at the Creek & fireworks. Tommy, was in rare form, pimping that is. Told some chicks about winning the lottery and they fell for it:D

Again, sorry for your trouble.:(

Mike

Yeah, come down with us sometime.

Speaking of stereos, I think dad is going to be going down to the boat to get ours working after he gets off work! :D

Tommy

THEJOKER 06-23-2003 04:40 PM

That sux! OK let's have some fun!

Ok I have a remedy for some OSO'ers that have had total catastrophic failure of their boat this year. The first (4) people that respond to this thread that have had a season ending problem - I'll take you guy's out on a Saturday / sun up till sun down here on Lake Lanier in our bad ass Cigarette Top Gun w/ 575's. We'll have to pick a date that fits in everybodies schedule. Atlanta is an easy place to fly in to and if you guy's all come in @ the same time, I'll have a limo pick you up at the airport - I'm serious. It's the least I can do for the season ending mishaps! BH

PS - With my new business I have only been out in the Cig one time this summer. It'll be a day for us all to enjoy!

HyperBaja 06-23-2003 04:43 PM

I am out of gas, is that season ending?

BadDog 06-23-2003 04:47 PM

Steve,
What if I trashed the oars on my kids boat? Would that count? Sounds like a good weekend for those who have had the season ender sounds. Some years back my wife ran my Bronco in low range at 75 down the highway. I would have loved to heard the sound that made just before the rod came out the side of the block and the cam went through the intake.

JUSTONCE 06-24-2003 07:56 AM

THEJOKER: That is a truly Honorable and greatly appreciated offer. I would love to take you up on that , but it would be really hard for me to get off work long enough to come down there. Moreover I'll be totally tapped out trying to afford to get the motor rebuilt. If you ever are in the great lakes area It'd be awsome to go out for a ride though.
Thank you,
Martin.

Pete B 06-24-2003 08:04 AM

Joker bring the Cig over to Savannah!!!

Philip 06-24-2003 09:06 AM

Brian

I must say, that is a very kind and generous offer. I am impressed, not that my opinion counts, but I just would like to say "Bravo"

Philip

TEAMBAJA 06-24-2003 09:16 AM

Re: That sux! OK let's have some fun!

Originally posted by THEJOKER
Ok I have a remedy for some OSO'ers that have had total catastrophic failure of their boat this year. The first (4) people that respond to this thread that have had a season ending problem - I'll take you guy's out on a Saturday / sun up till sun down here on Lake Lanier in our bad ass Cigarette Top Gun w/ 575's. We'll have to pick a date that fits in everybodies schedule. Atlanta is an easy place to fly in to and if you guy's all come in @ the same time, I'll have a limo pick you up at the airport - I'm serious. It's the least I can do for the season ending mishaps! BH

PS - With my new business I have only been out in the Cig one time this summer. It'll be a day for us all to enjoy!

Wow! Thats an amazing offer. I think Im gonna run my boat into some rocks this weekend then fly to Atlanta! :)

Budman 06-24-2003 10:18 AM

Would a leaking seawater pump count?

Joker, that is a very generous offer! Of course, if I went for a ride in that Cig, it could get even more expensive for me than a blown engine! Probably end up in divorce court after I sell the house and buy one of those things! :eek:

BTW - How big is Lanier? Have you ever been to Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee or Lake Cumberland in Kentucky? Wondering how it compares. I have some in-laws near Stone Mountain - thought about dragging the boat down there somtime.

Uncle Toys 06-24-2003 10:37 AM

Re: What a bummer

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
After about 20 minutes at WFO...
JUST ONCE, I swear I'm not trying to rag on you or start anything, but I couldn't help noticing that part of your thread. My question to everyone would be, do you guys run that long at wide open?

Philip, your opinion counts bro - especially if your still sending out cookies :cool: :D