Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wisconsin noise laws (per MR. dick) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53014-wisconsin-noise-laws-per-mr-dick.html)

Cord 07-10-2003 03:14 PM

Ah...the trickle down effect. :rolleyes:

Caincando1 07-10-2003 03:29 PM

MRP,
Thanks for the insight.

We have never had any problem with loud pipes on sleds. I guess there is a small advantage to living here.

I guess there really is no true freedom.

EX20 07-10-2003 04:51 PM

This all smells of our new democrat in office. I would expect no less from him and the groups that got him there.

86db? I can't see ever passing that.

Cord 07-10-2003 09:27 PM

Ok...so what is the new standard? What scale is it being measured on?

EX20 07-11-2003 08:46 AM

I think it should be scale A.

kitten 07-11-2003 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
C ya at the Races! :D

Little Tommy 07-14-2003 08:59 PM

On the way to Chicago on Sunday, we stopped at Winthrop harbor to get fuel. Guess what, we again were stopeed by the DNR. How-ever, this guy was awesome. Not a dick, no attitude. His name is Bill and he is the Illinois DNR. He understands there is a problem with quieting our boats down. He also is aware of the muffler shortage that is out there. He also cannot understand why Wisconsin is enforcing the 86 DB law. He stated that the Illinois DNR do not care what we do 75 ft offshore, but to use our common sense when comming into the harbors and near shoreline. That is where the problem is. And low and behold, he even is testing those big cruisers and have given them warnings to get their boats quiet too. He did not give us a ticket nor a warning and even let us continue to Chicago for the day with the understasnding that we will correct the problem. Super nice guy. All DNR representatives should take lessons from this guy.
To update what I am doing, I have been on the phone with Randy from Custom Marine. He is sending me 2 sets of mufflers and will be trying them out this week-end. Will post results ASAP.
Prices appear to be very attractive compared to others on the market.

Little Tommy

Cord 07-14-2003 11:04 PM

I've got a line drawing on their new mufflers. I'll post it tomorrow. CMI promised me that I'd make 86db or they'd exchange them.

Cord 07-15-2003 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, here is the new Custom Marine muffler. They quoted me 20% off list ($564) for $451.20. Proably could get a better price with a higher quanity.

Little Tommy 07-15-2003 06:44 PM

Cord,
Thanks for posting the mufflers. I also have the drawing at home. I am going to custom Marine tomorrow and will be coasting up the Wolf River this week-end to see if I pass. Mike and Randy from CMI are in the process as we speak working on a new design that should be done in 3-4 weeks which they want me to test for them. They said these mufflers should be good up to 800 hp engines with no loss of top speed or RPM. The initial input on the ones that they have out now are they lose 100-200 RPM's on the big end. I will verify that this week-end. So everyone stay tuned.
Little Tommy