Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Eastern Long Island Run (Summer Fun Run 2003) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53039-eastern-long-island-run-summer-fun-run-2003-a.html)

Peconic 08-08-2003 07:29 PM

Great. BTW, allow for time in Westhampton and Shinnecock canals. 5 mph in both. And it's enforced, especially on weekends, when the local watercops are on the water. (They rarely bother during the week ...)

Peconic 08-09-2003 08:00 AM

9:00 am. The rain stopped. Usual pattern. Rain at nite. Boating by day. Come to the run.

Gary C 08-09-2003 08:20 AM

9:23 Still raining in Center Moriches. The wife thinks I'm nuts. Still gonna come:)

Peconic 08-09-2003 03:32 PM

Great run despite of the weather. Approx 17 boats showed up. Event was overshadowed by a nasty accident.

Guys who didn't come becaue of the rain are girls.

Gary C 08-09-2003 05:37 PM

Hats off to Sean, and Jimmy from Falcon Performance for a great time! The weather could have been better but all in all a great time was had by all. It was nice to meet all you guys and put a face to the screen name. Peconic, what accident are you talking about?

Peconic 08-09-2003 06:38 PM

Guy went ballistic in his Kryptonite, fell back on his a$$, broke two legs. Kirk saw it all and did the rescue, that's why he didn't come.

Pure Energy 08-09-2003 08:03 PM

You guys have no idea how upset I am!!!I had a big fight with the wife this morning. We had rain in Greenport @ 8:00 and she was adiment about going home to NJ. I caved in thinking the run would be canceled.

It is not so much because I missed the run, but because the guys at Falcon worked their asses off to get everyone, including myself, up and running for the event. I feel like a complete P.O.S. for not even showing up!

Falcon Marine did not have to go to such great lengths for me but they did. They have done a fantastic job on my boat and have treated me with a professional and friendly manor. All I can say is thanks!!

CBR 08-09-2003 08:12 PM

Glad the run was a success, sorry to hear about the accident. Hope the fellow and his boat are in fine shape soon.

Too bad I could not make it to the run. That makes the third event I have missed this summer, matching the number of times I have gone fishing on the boat in 03. It really sucks!

What, exactly did the weather do out there today?

Gary C 08-10-2003 06:00 AM

Ken,
Sorry you didn't make it. But somtimes you have to bend a little :) I hope to see you out there somtime before the season is over. CBR, the weather window was hot and sticky for the ride there. But by 1:30 it started to rain again. Everyone covered there boats up but then it stopped at 2:30 and everybody started to leave. I stayed till 3 and I had rain on the way home. All in all it could have been worse:)

Peconic 08-10-2003 08:31 AM

The owner of the boat is in the hospital. The boat is in better shape.