Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Eastern Long Island Run (Summer Fun Run 2003) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53039-eastern-long-island-run-summer-fun-run-2003-a.html)

CBR 08-07-2003 10:47 AM

Glad to hear Pure Energy has new tanks installed. I am interested in what kind of reinforcing Falcon did to the mid bulkhead. I have a crack that won't stay fixed just above the inside cabin step. Jay at Sonic told me "they all crack there" and not to worry about it.

Did you have a similar crack? How did Falcon reinforce the mid bulkhead?

Not sure whether I will be there or not this Saturday, depends on weather and trip to M.V.

CBR

X-cited 08-07-2003 03:42 PM

I just bought a '03 31SS with 496HO's. What should I be looking for? My wife and I will be at the Canal for the run on Saturday. Someone needs to fill me in.

Good news from Peconic about today's weather.

Gary C 08-07-2003 06:04 PM

X-cited,
Where are you coming from? If your coming from the Peconic side I'll be there in a 26 Powerquest. If your coming from the Shinicock side Just look for a 42 Outerlimits and a bunch of Cigs and other loud obnoxious boats:) I think most are coming from Shinicock and are meeting on the Peconic bay side. Then we're all gonna head to Claudio's

Peconic 08-07-2003 07:01 PM

Ok, guys. Saturday run weather update. I'm talking to folks in the city, and they think the weather stinks - fine by me, less crowded out here.

But they ware wrong.

It was great all day. I was out today for several hours, and it was great.

Right now, it rains. Very warm rain.

There is a tendency towards light morning and eve showers, nice during the day. Also, the stationary system is beginning to move with even better weather in the offing.

All in all, I am very positive about great lunchtime weather on Sat.

Hopefully, all that weather talk keeps the Hell's Angels demotivated, and we won't have to fight for seats at the bar.

Peconic 08-07-2003 07:08 PM

X-Cited: Guess it's best to proceed to the Peconic side of the canal. This way, you are through the lock (Sometimes a wait, especially on weekends.) We'll be congregating there at 11am, to shove off to Claudio's shortly thereafter.

I'll be on VHF 69 (easy to remember.) Hail me if you need local tips.

Peconic 08-07-2003 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This bad boy has to move out (and it's moving north-east,) and then there will be plenty of sunshine.

X-cited 08-08-2003 07:20 AM

Thanks for the weather update out east. As both my wife and I work in Manhattan it is frustrating to look out the window, see the crap and make plans with a smile. Attempting to make a long weekend out of this trip.

We are coming out of Patchogue and will definitely lock through to Peconic side.

cig1988 08-08-2003 08:24 AM

Just watched the forecast, is this still on?

Peconic 08-08-2003 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The bad boy is moving out. Much better this morning. Sun is out as we speak.

X-cited: I live at Shinnecock Bay, north of Red 6 as you come out of the Quogue Canal. I'll be leaving here at around 10:30 - PM me if you want my cell #

Peconic 08-08-2003 08:48 AM

Of course it's on, 88. If I would rely on the forecast, my boating would drop by 80%.

If the weather will be like the current week (and it looks like it), then the pattern goes:

Rain early morning. Clearing up at around 9am. Fine at noon. Fine in the afternoon. Rain again eve night.

The lawn likes it. And we like it just fine.