Notices

2004 Pontiac Gto!

Old 06-25-2003, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by birdog
I sure hope GM does'nt screw this up !!!!
Too late!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:13 AM
Registered

I'VE GOT 2 2004 GTOs AVAILABLE THIS FALL THAT ARE NOT SPOKEN FOR ,WILL SELL THEM FOR MSRP !
JOHN G
BIGOAKS OFFSHORE.COM
BIG OAKS BUICK PONTIAC GMC
PRESIDENT
Old 06-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Registered

o.k. I gotta get in this one Formulafasttech, right on even if the new cobra can run a line faster than a TA the total quality is like all ford products cheap interior, uncomfortable seats, lacking suspension, etc. The new cobra has awful steering. If you want a car to drag with o.k. buy the ford if you want a car to tear ass with on the street (taking turns at 50 sideways) buy a GM product.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You think Ford interiors are cheap compared to GM's? I'm a little surprised by that one.
I was a car audio / alarm installer for about 10 years, which gives you the chance to disassemble the interiors of about every car known to man. GM interiors are by far, the worst I ever worked on.
My biggest pet peeve with them is the way they screw interior pieces in with self-tapping sheet metal screws. No pre-drilling, no inserts for the screws, nothing. They just hold the piece in place and zip the screws in, typically strippinng the hole out in the process. Ever wonder why all GM's rattle within a matter of a few years at best?
When I started in that business, GM, Ford, and Chrysler all had about equally crappy quality interior construction. Over the years, I saw major improvement on Chrysler and Ford, but none on GM at all. Sure, the styling improved somewhat, just not the quality.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:47 AM
Registered

JohnG,
No offense, but are you reading the same post as I am? "sell them for MSRP"????? After reading this post, you would have to do better than that to draw a crowd from here!

The F150 lightning is a pickup truck that would outrun the new Goat!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:52 AM
mlitefan

Try this one for a cool ride...

http://www.panozauto.com/images/2_101a.jpg

Old 06-26-2003, 10:00 AM
Registered

rainmn: sorry I came across wrong, The quality isn't what I was talking about. Its the look and feel if the interior that I was referring to.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see. Still a matter of preference I guess. I have an Excursion XLT with grey cloth. It has the most boring interior you can imagine, but I like it. I'd take it over an Escalade, Denali, or Navigator anyday, where most people probably wouldn't.
I guess I'm sort of partial to boring - I don't really like flashy boat graphics too much either.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally posted by formulafastech
Oskosh,

I'd like to see that 69 Mach 1 go against a 2002 Ram Air Trans Am. I don't think it would be pretty for the Mustang.
Plus, what looks better, a Mustang or a Trans-AM?
Old 06-26-2003, 05:31 PM
bobby daniels

1969 was a nasty mustang in its day even , no quality but get fun to drag but poor weight transfer and had 351 windsor wimpy motors ,,the clevland really brought the mustang to life ..I worked at a place that fixed ford super cars and did tons of motors ((Holman moody)) nascar, boats ect. we had to drive Fords ,I had a 69 boss 429 and 302 and a 70 boss 302 and a 71 boss 351 they were alot of fun but you could not get the cars to hook up back then

HOLMaN MOODY or HOLMAN AUTOMOTIVE now makes original GT-40'S in Charlotte ,John holman the founders son Lee runs it and they still do some cup motors for woods brothers ,we did DAVID Pearsons cars and Motors Years ago
A BOSS 429 would destroy a T/A year to year but now the T/A hooks up and the old 429's just melt the tires/// look at this link ---HOLMANMOODY

LOOK AT THE LINK ABOVE ITS HISTORY ------------------

Last edited by bobby daniels; 06-26-2003 at 07:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 2004 Pontiac Gto!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.