Notices

baja vs. scarab?

Old 06-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SCARAB

Originally posted by scarabfan
I vote for Scarab! After having 3 of them (29, 33, 38 ) I can offer some input. The 29 is a fun boat, handles well, jumps waves real nice, etc. The 33 AVS w/ 500efi's was fast (85 mph) and handled real well. The new 38 w/ 575's runs about 80, handles the big water (including offshore in Florida) real well, looks great, has factory air (and soon a generator), and great graphics. The re-sale has always been good on my Scarabs and they sold fairly quickly. There are a few brand new 2002 38's out there at some dealers that can be bought right if anyone is interested!

This input doesnt count! He's not looking at 29s, 33s, or 38s!!

Old 06-29-2003, 10:22 PM
Registered

Well,
I've got a 1997 26 Scarab. It has run a best of 81 on GPS. It may not be the fastest but I've been complemeted my quite a few people on how it rides. Some of the boats that it was compared to were up to 4 feet longer. It does not chine walk and is very user friendly. Almost anyone can jump in this boat and run as fast as I do. I've never been in a 24 Baja , but the larger ones that I've been in seemed to chine walk quite a bit past the 75mph mark. Now I wasn't driving so it could have been driver error.
These are my opinions but it seems like everyone forget about these Scarabs. I think for the price you get a lot of boat.
Good luck with your choice.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there fella's, back off Allan4. Could it be possible that the Daytona had a stock motor?? 454?
See Ya, That is quite posssibly most egotistical statement I've ever read on this board. I bet guys like Merlin540 and Khadley say the same things about your dumb-ass. Remember, there will always be someone with a bigger and faster boat. I've seen you around the lake, and I'll have to remember that. Oh yeah, your buddy that you run with in the older 26 Scarab, I "dusted" him in that same poker run in my little "nuisance" 25 Outlaw. I'll have to find the video, I might have it on there for ya.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:53 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Allan4
Nice try.....that's one of the most intelligent things ever stated on this board, that's for sure.

I was one of "the little ones" you are talking about. Makes me wonder about penis size when someone makes a comment like that...

I was thinking the same thing. I bet if he ever had a woman in bed, she'd consider him a "nuisance" for being so little!
Old 06-30-2003, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Sea Ya
Never been beaten by a Baha. Bring 'em on. The little ones were a nuisance at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run. Probably should be a 27' limit.
Nice attitude, dickhead. That's one of the lowest things I've ever read on here.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:13 AM
Registered

Default Re: baja vs. scarab?

Originally posted by trustnobody96
Im looking at buying my 1st boat and I need some advise. I want to go fast but cant spend more than $20k. My friends got flat bottoms with big v-8s and I know those are the best bang for the buck. But im 6'9" and cant fit in those little boats. Im looking at a 1995 22' Wellcraft Scarab for $18k and a 1998 21' Baja Hammer for $19.5k. They both have 454. The Baja has hydraulic trim tabs. The scarab has 2oohrs and the Hammer has 70hrs. The boat will be used mostly for lake and river cruising. Any ideas would be appreciated. Any other boats under $20k I should consider?
I think they will both work out well for you. I imagine that the Baja may have a little more room in it than the scarab but don't know for sure. I'd probably opt for the Baja due to the hours but it really just depends on how well each one was taken care of. You probably won't go wrong with either
Old 06-30-2003, 09:22 AM
Registered

Default not sure

I am not sure about this but.

-Both boat companies are owned by the parent boat company Brunswick

Bayliner is owned by Brunswick - Right? So they should all be built about the same.

Kind of new to all of this.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Brunswich Bankrolls the companies; That does not mean that they have anything in common. They were all indepenant companies before being bought out and still operate as such.

But Baja is owned by Brunswich, Wellcraft(Scarab) is a Genmar company.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:07 AM
Registered

CFD5 and Allan4 See you in Cincinatti in three weeks. We can do a side race if you like since you can't enter the poker run in your own city. Sorry

BajaDaze and Teambaja, you can check out my other equipment at www.mine'sbiggerthanyours.com.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:27 AM
Registered

I have done the cincy poker run twice, and about that side race, like I said, there will always be someone bigger and faster. I've seen your old ass, and trust me, I'm bigger and faster. Oh, did you mean boat size, sure you've got a bigger and faster boat. Pick on someone your own size, I did and beat the snot out of that 26 Scarab at LC. I've got a few buddies that would be glad to race you.
About the " mines bigger than yours" comment. Check out my avatar, or go to www.sumerset.com, 100' X 20'. Still want to compare size?
One more thing, Cincinnati not Cincinatti.

Quick Reply: baja vs. scarab?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.