Notices

baja vs. scarab?

Old 06-30-2003, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allan4
I heard that the 25 daytona out ran in rough water but that you beat him in smooth water
Old 06-30-2003, 12:08 PM
Registered

I have always wondered "what SCARAB meant"

Now I know
Old 06-30-2003, 12:16 PM
Registered

CFD5, I didn't choose the class in Cincy. I've complained the past two years about being in the "slow" class. You're right about me passing every boat in that class. I also passed more than halh of the fast class that had a ten minute head start. Let's race in the ocean, after all this is an off shore web site. Actually it's off shore "only". This thread started as 21' Baja vs 22' Wellcraft, neither of which has any business off shore.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:25 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by khadley
Allan4
I heard that the 25 daytona out ran in rough water but that you beat him in smooth water
Mmmmmmm, I don't know that he beat me in rough, but it was definitely a better race when choppy, when I got it up to speed, While getting up to speed he was faster in the rough, no doubt. But on long runs that was not the case. Either way, it was only by a little, not like I toasted him, just pulled him some.......HOwever......hahahahah....All he needs is about 30 more hp and it is all over.....HeHeHe......

If you need a passenger for the Cincy Poker Run, I might not run my boat. Not sure yet. I may just add some gas $$ to the pot with one of you cat guys. We will be out wed night on the river....I'll call you wed to let you know for sure, but looks good.

Later humpy.....A4

Old 06-30-2003, 12:31 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by Sea Ya
CFD5, I didn't choose the class in Cincy. I've complained the past two years about being in the "slow" class. You're right about me passing every boat in that class. I also passed more than halh of the fast class that had a ten minute head start. Let's race in the ocean, after all this is an off shore web site. Actually it's off shore "only". This thread started as 21' Baja vs 22' Wellcraft, neither of which has any business off shore.
That's odd......I thought you were the rule maker for this Poker Run...ya know....you banned the little "nuisance" boats from the Poker Runs....

Now, you are banning all the under 27' boats from OSO....okay.....why didn't you just say so.....

"HU HUM........ATTENTION......ATTENTION MEMBERS...IF YOUR BOAT IS UNDER 27' YOU MUST TERMINATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP AT OSO AND ARE BANNED FROM POKER RUNS AND ARE CONDEMED TO HELL BECAUSE A MAN WITH A 4TH GRADE EDUCATION FROM WEST VIRGINIA, WHO LIVES IN A SCHOOL BUS, SAYS WE ARE NOT OFFSHORE AND HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING OFFSHORE. PLEASE LEAVE AND NEVER RETURN AND FEEL GREAT SHAME, YOU ARE A SCHLEP AND WILL NEVER FIND SUCESS, HAPPINESS OR ACHIEVEMENT.........SORRY"

Allan.....the guy with the "little nuisance boat"

Old 06-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Registered

Ewwww!!!

SEA YA just PMd me and said he scored with his mom AND sister on his boat this weekend! Where is this guy from!!??
Old 06-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Registered

Oh well. I guess that I should just sell my Baja and commit suicide. That or get a "Dung Beetle". Same difference. On a serious note. Both the Scarrab and Baja are good performers. True they are not to the level of Cigarettes or the other high line Offshore Boats. But neither is their price. The other thing that people tend to forget is that you can buy a 22 to 24 foot boat for a good price then bump the power up and outrun the bigger boats. Simple physics. A 24 footer with 600 horsepower will run faster than a 36 footer with twin 600 motors due to the added weight of the boat. Theoretically anyways. Plus you have the variable of gas weight, passengers, equipment and water/beverages if the boat has holding tanks. So just because some people can afford to spend more on a bigger boat does not mean they bought the right to run their mouths. You never know what the little nuisance boats are running.
Old 06-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 3,100 Likes on 1,003 Posts

See Ya,

Whats with the attitude anyway bro? From your first post you've been negative. I didn't read anyone putting Scarabs down until you started attacking people. I don't think anyone here would say that Scarabs are not good boats. But lets stay on the topic here. He's looking at two specific boats. Which one is the better buy. This isn't a "Baja VS. Scarab which is a better boat" thread or "I have a big bad ass boat and everyone else piss off" thread.
Lets stick to the subject matter. Thanks. Oh and by the way, I do run my little Baja in the Pacific Ocean every weekend. BIG water is normal up here. My boat does just fine, it is an offshore boat.

Tank

Last edited by thisistank; 06-30-2003 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Registered

I see he's made alot of friends here already!
Old 06-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Registered

What a bunch of cry babies and potty mouths. Get a life and an off shore boat.

Quick Reply: baja vs. scarab?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.