If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Charter Member #300 Charter Member Shooter's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '02 Sonic Prowler
    Palm Harbor, FL

Arrow Hudson River boys, neef info

Hi to Hudson River runners,

I live down in Oceanport, NJ - net to Sandy Hook. I run into the Hudson often and around NYC but have never been past Haverstraw/Ossining. I want to cruise up the river day 1, overnight at a dock with Hotel nearby, and then return day 2. If it's really good weather, maybe see how far I can go.

What are some good areas to stay that are boater friendly. I want to moor, get into town in a short walking or Taxi ride, stay a a decent hotel. Someplace with nice atmosphere would be great, not someplace just to crash.

Thanx for any inside info.

My Boats:
    we are planing a run down the river to the city, about 4 hours down river give me a few days and I 'll see what I can find out for you I grew up down by Poughkeepsie and New Paltz still have family down State,It has been about ten year's so I'll ask on the Hotel's

Team Dysfunctional Charter Member Hot Boat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    28 Scarab, Blown 850+ Hp
    PUTNAM VALLEY, Hudson River Valley
    There is plenty of places to go for food and drink north of havastraw. Newburg has about 8 or so restaurants, bars & clubs all in a row. One really nice town to visit is cold spring. Its just north of west point on the east side. Lots of shops and antique shops and some very nice bed and breakfast. The town dock is free for over nighters but tie your boat up well , transiant slips are on the out side of a un protected marina. It will get bounced around when large boats go by. everything you want is in walking distance from the docks. if you want to go further up the river check out round out creek. I don't know the town very well but there must be a place to stay up there. But you cant go Wong with finding a place to stay in cold spring. If I can help in any way let me know.

If it aint broke .... I can break it....