Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Beware of Phil Magnotti of Orland Florida!! >

Beware of Phil Magnotti of Orland Florida!!

Notices

Beware of Phil Magnotti of Orland Florida!!

Old 06-26-2003, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm......sounds like theft by deception or grand theft. He Could be looking at some time.. you might want to contact the local authorities as well. Being that the transaction crossed state lines may be a felony in itself. Contact the postal inspector also. Im sure D-hlaw will know what all the laws are...... Go get em Bro.

As Dave P. Mentioned, Concrete boots may be in order.

I'll tell you something, If a guy just ripped me off and laughed at me on the phone, I would be on the next plane down there and give him something to laugh about.

I feel for ya ....Let us know how you make out.

Good luck
Old 06-26-2003, 05:11 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Okay this sounds a little like something I have been dealing with....Brett whatta thing about this....

A few months ago my Ex sold a truck that belonged to both of us.The deal was we bought a 89 Bronco..$4000.00..Put my car title as collateral against half.$2000.Check made out to the dealer from that loan company.
The dealer financed the other half.There again about $2200.We split payments of which the ones I made I have receipts.
My spineless Ex and I parted ways eventually.... The agreement was she would keep the truck and pay it off.In turn she was gonna sell the truck and buy a newer car.Fine with me!
She payed the $2000 to the dealer for the truck title and sold the truck to a friend.Said she would pay off the title to my car by Biketoberfest.Fine with me again.I signed the title over to her on these terms.
I was trusting her which was my first mistake.
Biketoberfest comes and goes and she says she is getting her money together and would take care of the loan.Two weeks prior she purchases a 2000GTP Grand Prix.
All along she has told me the Loan company for the title to my car is aware that she is responsible for the loan.I have NOT been contacted by them in 1 YEAR.The office manager is up to speed and agrees that my Ex has had several conversations with her about her paying the loan off.
I go and trade my 85 Mustang GT on a 98 Pontiac Formula.This is large financial step for me and I put a total of $4500 down on this Formula.I explain the situation to the owner of the dealership and he okays everything.Well the week is coming to an end and the Mustang has already been resold.NO word from the EX.She won't return calls or respond to anything.I go to the Loan company that has my title to my 85 Mustang to see if it's payed
off..THEY TELL ME IT IS THREE MONTHS BEHIND AND IF IT ISN'T PAYED BY FRIDAY THE WILL REPOSSES IT FROM THE NEW OWNER!!!!! I get a phone call from the Police saying the have some papers for me....WTF?.....she filed a restraining order against me!....I go to court and say nothing...never look at her.....the judge asks her if this is concerning the loan over mutual property several times.....of which she sidesteps everytime....

So there I am left holding the bag....and by no means can I afford all of this BS......the only reason I was able to get this car was because of some shear good weeks at work....I did NOT have $5K to let go but struggled to put it together on my own and here I am left to pay another $1895.00 by the end of the day....of which by some stroke of god I end up paying before court!....
Judge asks me if I payed and I showed him the letter...She literally gasped outloud .....she thought for sure she had screwed me for good....Not quite sweetheart...

Whatta think I can do about this......I know she has a settlement coming....she sued her former employer and friend of mine for sexual harassment....Ya right.whatever.....this coming from a girl that has three children by three DIFFERENT fathers before she was 26...you can paint the picture for yourself......
Old 06-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have is bank account number from the back of your deposited check. If anyone has a judgement aginst him I would offer to share that information with them for a percentage that they can garnish. Maybe his wife and kids have some legel claims.

Just a thought
Old 06-26-2003, 05:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CALL THE POSTAL INSPECTOR'S TELL THEM YOU SENT HIM A CHECK IN THE MAIL

MAIL FRAUD IS A BIG NO-NO!
Old 06-26-2003, 05:45 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I think someone from this board should call on the ad and ask about the parts, condition, location etc and record the conversation. Ya never know, he may want to sell the same stuff a third time. Actually it would be kinda nice if a cop would make the call, just so the right questions get asked.

Oh Troutly!!!!! Put down the popcorn, you got a real job to do.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Look at his ad ......She says she his wife....One in jersey and one down there??????

Mike
Old 06-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Registered

We might be able to find his wife and kids. I believe they are still here in the Toms River area
Old 06-26-2003, 08:19 PM
Registered

Did the guy who bought the engine get screwed too???
Old 06-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Beat him Senseless

I just may have to
Old 06-26-2003, 08:57 PM
Registered

Keep giving the Board Gods credit for not Poofing this thread. There have been times I have wanted to post a warning about some shady people in the industry as a warning. Not too long ago some poor guy posted that he had got taken from a person I almost started a thread about a week before. I could have saved another member some money and hard times. Thanks for letting us warn one another OSO!

Quick Reply: Beware of Phil Magnotti of Orland Florida!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.