Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   33' O/B Powerplay on E-bay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53211-33-o-b-powerplay-e-bay.html)

rainmn 06-26-2003 11:59 AM

33' O/B Powerplay on E-bay

I keep going back and looking at this, and the more I do, the more I like it.
Powerplay

I've been watching the Center Console thread pretty closely, since I really like my neighbor's Concepts. (They have 2.) I love the idea of outboards, and the ease of maintenance, but I'm not sure I'm ready for another center console. I don't fish, and my 21 month old daughter likes the cabin.
Anyone have a guess at what the top end would be on this thing?

BODYSHOT1 06-26-2003 12:06 PM

Pretty sharp!...and with the Yammies...no hassles!!

:cool:

WesSmith 06-26-2003 12:22 PM

Nice boat...I'm guessing maybe mid 70's ?

Luvoffshore 06-26-2003 12:37 PM

GOOD LOOKIN BOAT!!!!

I'm surprised Sharkey and Audiofn haven't replied to this yet! I agree with you rainmn that boat could be something to grow on you. Big blocks are great and nothing beats the sound but a good running set of OB's are too! The pics sure make it look inviting to check out closer. And of course you've got the quality of Powerplay behind you. Although I'm not into foreign made power, Yamaha OB's are definitely dependable! GO GET IT!! :frog: :cool: :drool:

Bosco 06-26-2003 08:50 PM

Rainmn,

Call the owner and buy this boat! The original owner was a real gentleman and kept her inside always. Very meticulesly maintained in 110% condition.
The next guy was stand up also. I have not seen her in about a year but would be willing to go have a look. We built the vessel in 1993 and eventually had it back in trade around 2000. Sold it within 2 weeks even though it had very high hours on it. Around 1500, thats right 1500. Not 150, and it ran like new! at about 70mph with people and gas.
Send me a pm or call 561-793-0722
P.S its not a center console, but it does have a huge cockpit.

rainmn 06-26-2003 10:12 PM

Bosco, thanks for the info, but something doesn't jive. I sent the owner (Not the guy who listed it on E-Bay) an e-mail with a few questions. He tells me it has about 500 hours on it, and the motors are original with no major overhauls done.
He also said about 65 top end, which I don't care about. It's the hours that scare me. 500 is bad enough, but you say 1500 on the boat, and the motors are 93's. What gives?

Bosco 06-27-2003 05:32 AM

They probably changed out the guages when he got it. That would make 2000 hours, someone should call Yamaha. This may be some kind of record. Although I believe most people would be suprised how long things could last with a little maintanance.
:eureka:

dkwestern 06-27-2003 09:19 AM

I would not expect speeds in the mid 70's. Maybe 70. That is a sweet boat , I just wonder what it is going to bring in. It has been for sale quite a long time and if I didn't already have one I would definitely look at it and prob. make him an offer, but I am very happy with mine. You will love the huge cockpit. very spacious for relaxing and a few cold ones as I will again prove tomorrow. Later DK

Caincando1 06-27-2003 10:06 AM

Cool boat!

Pick it up for a good price and repower with fresh motors and enjoy.

rainmn 06-27-2003 10:52 AM

I'm not sure this one is worth the repower. It's already up to $26K, and the reserve isn't met yet. What would repowering with a new set of Yamaha 250's go for? $30K, give or take a few?
There a '92 on boat trader with 2000 Merc 300's, 100 hrs., asking $52,900.
This one on e-bay doesn't seem to be the boat for me, but I think it helped me make up my mind on what I'm looking for. Once I'm in the new house in July I'll start looking more seriously. (Finally, I'll be at the Jersey shore, minutes from my boat instead of over an hour of traffic. :D )

Thanks for the input everyone, especially Bosco for shedding some light on the real hours.