Notices

There it goes...

Old 06-26-2003, 07:08 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 852 Likes on 312 Posts
Unhappy There it goes...

OSO members Dropthehammer and mlitefan leaving my driveway with my (dropthehammer's) boat They made the trip from VA to CT Tuesday night, we went for a sea trial at 6:00am yesterday, and just like that, I'm without a boat for the first time in 33 years This deal was done on a handshake and phone conversations, it went well on both ends. With all the bad press these days about people mis-representing facts and others getting ripped off, here's an example of how smooth a transaction can go between members of this board. Good luck with the boat Shawn, it's a beauty and you'll love it. Nice meeting you too Larry.

Now...maybe somebody can help me with this question: what do you do on a nice summer weekend without being on the water I have no idea, but it's going to suck
Attached Thumbnails There it goes...-3.jpg  
Old 06-26-2003, 07:08 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Bye Bye...
Attached Thumbnails There it goes...-1.jpg  
Old 06-26-2003, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the loss. CONGRATS to Mlitefan. It sure looks like a sweet ride. I hope you can get back on the water soon. Best of luck with your new ride Mlitefan.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:15 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

I think I see a tear there somewhere....

You know you can always drive out to the east end and boat with us anytime so don't hesitate. Just bring the good weather.

Think of it this way...I'm just taking care of your next boat for you for a season or two , that's all !
Old 06-26-2003, 07:42 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Shane...the boat is now Dropthehammer's, mlitefan came up with him. Good people...

Wes...tick tock, tick tock
Old 06-26-2003, 07:43 AM
mlitefan

Actually, Dropthehammer is the proud new owner and even after just picking up my "new to me" Sunsation, I have to say I am a bit jealous!!!

That had to be one of the best maintained and cleanest boats I have ever seen. I mean this next statement in a good way. There are a lot of anal (especially me) boat owners out here and I hate to see people spend large summs of money on these toys only to let them go to crap. Steve, you by far had the best maintained boat I have been privy to actually touch and feel, much less ride in. That new floor you put in is the ****!!!

I would also like to say that Steve is one hell of a standup guy. He went out of his way to ensure Shawn was comfortable with the new ride and understood how everything worked. His hospitality during our visit was top notch. Nice home btw!!!

To add to this, I want to say that this is my second such involvement with an OSO member. I purchased my Sunsation from a fellow OSO'er. Cap071 was equally as great to deal with and it is so refreshing to still find these great people who aren't just trying to rip someone off.

Steve, it was a great pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife and rest assured, Shawn (dropthehammer) will take very good care of your boat. Not sure if anyone could match the level that you kept her in but if someone can come close, it's Shawn! If you are ever in our area, it would be a pleasure to take you guys for a boat ride!

Shawn now has one damn beautiful Nordic...now I need to find more speed in my Sunsation...$$

Old 06-26-2003, 07:47 AM
mlitefan

Now someone sell Steve a Powerplay!!!

hint hint...

Old 06-26-2003, 07:54 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

You know what they say...everything's for sale for the right price !
Old 06-26-2003, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to hear about these deals going on with just a handshake and your good word. As it should be!!

Dave
Old 06-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Uncle Toys

Indy, bro, that's sad! Or, is this part of a plan? Don't leave us hanging here, what's the expected happy ending?

On the other hand, kewl story about board members etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.