Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53302-crash-ohio-river-dayton-ky.html)

Kentz 07-02-2003 01:08 PM

Just spoke with Alan4, he was launching as we spoke with the news crew. Alan and Chris - thank you for your efforts!, also good job yesterday MJ.

panteraman - if we could coordinate this on a sat, we could probably put together a respectable turn-out...

also, good point, the 21 footer said his nav lights were on, but could he have not been paying attention? Unfortunately, that still doesn't justify leaving!

one more thing, the Dayton KY PD is commenting that the "boat is wiped down", am I the only one that cleans up the boat immediately after pulling it out?, before I put it away, say it ain't so:(

tssteph 07-02-2003 01:28 PM

I saw some decent pics of the Baja, if it ran completely over another boat I would think there would be more damage. One broken outdrive, another with skag broke, and a 3-4 inch scratch up near the front. We all know that a minor tangle with a dock leaves bigger scratches then that and we all know there are things in the river that will do this kinds of damage. I am not saying he is not the one that did it, but I would think there would be more damage. I wonder how much time they are spending on the 21 foot picnic boat, I wonder if there are pieces of the broke gimbal or skag in the boat.

I just hope they are not waisting time on the wrong boat. The guy may be a jerk but if he did not do it turn him loose.

Ok, I am off my soap box now.

29Fever 07-02-2003 02:01 PM

Hey,

Allan4 just called me and said the interview with 12 news went really well. He expected it to show up at 5:00. He is meeting with the Post this afternoon as well. Keep you eyes and ears open for the good vibes that Allan is sending out about the hobby we all love.

Luv-N-It 07-02-2003 02:05 PM

Post a link for us once it airs.:)

goldenruhl 07-02-2003 04:35 PM

Tell me something PLEASE. Why do cars have headlamps to use after dark and we have a little red/green light on the bow and a white light on the stern and use land marks to guide us?? Never understood. This is no different than making us where seat belts & have air bags in our cars in states that have no law for a motorcycle helmets!! I think the best thing I've heard here is a speed limit of 10 MPH after dark. No accidents in how many years!! Not bad.:eureka:

bouyhunter 07-02-2003 05:44 PM

Pantera-
I'd be glad to speak my opinion if need be.
I didn't get home from work until 6:30, so I'll have to wait for the 11:00 news. Looking forward to seeing the report.
I did recieve e-mails back from both Kim Dillon and Scott Sloan.
Unforunately I was unable to make it to the water this evening.
Just trying to do my part.
Bouy

Allan4 07-02-2003 10:55 PM

Hey guys, just got home. I think it went pretty good today. Kinda funny though, we went out in the boat with the 12 news guys and spent probably 45 minutes to an hour, I was miked the whole time and they interviewed me on camera for probably atleast 10 minutes or so, then the actual story on the 5:00 news (I just watched a tape of it) was about 60 seconds long...Hahahahahahaha.

They did not include alot of the stuff I said and wanted them to mention, but, you know how it goes. They did a nice job of giving us a better than fair shake I think. Really cool guys as well. All in all I think it was a positive.

The Cincy Post guys were great as well. Todd and I took them out for about 2 hours or so. Very nice guys and he thinks the story will run either Thurs Fri or Mon. So, I'll let ya know.

THanks a ton Todd (Bajaboat) for all your great help. Thanks Itllfli for coming down and helping out and thanks to all the guys I talked to yesterday and today who gave me some pointers, good ideas and so on. Hope I portrayed the image that you all wanted me too. I just wish they would have included a little bit more of the stufff we talked about, I thought they excluded the meat of the good stuff.

Oh well, it was fun.....gave me a great reason to blow off the day and be on the water by 1:30....:D :D :D

I would post a link but there is not one for this segment....which means I either really sucked or.......well, that is probably it.......:D :D :D

Take 'er slowwwwww....... ;)

BTW....Panterraman, I am happy to give you a hand, just get a hold of me tomorrow and I'll do what I can if you want my help.

Allan4 07-02-2003 11:03 PM

Kentz, I wipe mine down everytime also....Interior, exterior and trialer....even the rims!! Just makes sense to me.

Bouy, Sloan is great! I think he has a great show. You used to play hockey...eh?? Does the rink Tam-o-Shanter ring a bell?? I'm sure it does....I bet I've played 25 games in that place.......Great game, perhaps the greatest.

Broz, glad it was not you in the wreck. After seeing the pic, I can see why people thought of your boat. It sounds like the authorities are being very diligent and are making confident statements. We'll have too see what happens.

Later guys, sorry for the double post.....:)

Face It 07-03-2003 05:09 AM

Thanks guys for nice work. The real boat that ran them over is fixed buy now

bouyhunter 07-03-2003 05:34 PM

Allan-
Tam-o, I've heard of it. Just kidding, I played there many a late night just playing drop in. If you haven't seen it in a while you'd be shocked. They completly remodeled and doubled the size of the building - added another rink. Much nicer place now, but I knida liked the gritty "hockey" feel you got when it was still grungy.
Sloan used to have street hockey in the parking lot of WSPD in Toledo after he finished his drive home show. Usually a local Pizza joint would show up with about 30 pies to get some radio plugs. It was a good time.
Looked in the paper today for an article on your boat ride last night but didn't see anything yet. Hopefully these guys weren't just spending your gas money on a free boat ride and calling it work.
Any word of it going to print?