Notices

Odnr

Old 07-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried and experienced the " YOUR MORE THEN WELCOME TO COME ABOARD IF YOU TAKE YOUR BOOTS OFF " and it will not work. The response I got was " TRUST ME, I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE OFF MY BOOTS. Another incident on a buddys boat when he asked them the same thing. This guy was really pissed that he was asked that and made the rest of the boarding a real pain. Even went as far as calling one of his comrades to bring the dog out. Dog went through the boat, found nothing and put marks all over the cabin and cockpit.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:15 AM
Registered

I would like to give Kudos to the local marine Patrols here in Palm Beach County as well. I have been boating for 18 years in this area 10 of wich have been in loud boats. I have never been pulled over in all my years. I have chatted a # of times with officers and they just ask questions about my boat. I used to race Jersey skiffs and had one with no registration or FL #,s and I asked a sherrif where I could test. He said come out to the Loxahatchee river after 5 pm on Tues and he would be there to keep on eye on me while I tested. Mind you, the speed limit in the river is 25mph. I feel for you guys who get harrassed out there but the are still some good spots to boat left out there.
Nowadays if I test offshore in equipment, they just hang around the inlet and watch and give me a friendly wave.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:21 AM
Registered

A DOG!! I would at least offer to put a towel or rug over my upholstry for the officer to walk on, If they dont have enough respect to wait for you to do so, then I think it would clearly be a case of harassment
Old 07-01-2003, 12:09 PM
Registered

Thrill,

Yep right up in the islands, last year. You notice they have dogs at the bay for the last couple of years. Now the coasties got them too. It wasn't because he suspected anything either it was just to say don't F*$k with me.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just close your cabin door as they pull up. They have NO right to enter your cabin unless they have a damn good reason to suspect something illegal.
NO one boards my boat with black shoes -- period.
Any damage done WILL be paid for out of the citys pocket.
I will make the officers life hell if he damages my boat.
I have stood my ground and they backed down. Mind you I wasn't drinking or doing ANYTHING wrong. They just pulled me over for a safty check.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:42 AM
Registered

I would say it is certainly harrassment. What really bothers me as well is the fact that he claimed to know how many decibels your exhaust was without any scientific data. I also wonder if stopping you and searching your "second home" is considered unlawful without a search warrant and no probable cause?
Old 07-02-2003, 06:53 AM
J.V.IRONHANDS

This is getting very interesting, I'm contacting my state rep, give him the story and see what gives. I installed the mufflers and it will be interesting to see what happens this time. As he said "They will be watching for me" The really sad part of this bull**** is we only have 3 1/2 months to boat if we're lucky so this harrassment and unnecessary down time takes alot of the pleasure out of it.

Old 07-02-2003, 07:21 AM
VIP Member

I'm thinking a video camera on board would curtail alot of this. They video tape us on the road so how about we video them on the boat ???

Just an idea. I'm sure the outcome would be different.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Bigwavz
I'm thinking a video camera on board would curtail alot of this. They video tape us on the road so how about we video them on the boat ???

Just an idea. I'm sure the outcome would be different.
I think about a year ago there was a thread about someones boat being tested for loud exhaust. If I remember story correct. They were doing it wrong & they were being harassed. Second time he took video camera along & wife videotaped complete stop. He took video to the head office, got an apology & that officer no longer was on the water.

The thing I hate that since your boat is flashy & noisy they come after you. They miss the small boats with 50 people on board that do not have enough live jackets, or bad jackets.

As Clay saids "God Bless Texas" I have been stoped but I think they stop me more for them to look at my boat then to give me a hard time. The last time I was stoped on Cannon Lake the officer said "I am assuming you have an automatic fire extingisher" I said yes & that was the end of his questions. After that, everytime I saw him we would wave at each other.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Tinkerboater
NO one boards my boat with black shoes -- period.
Any damage done WILL be paid for out of the citys pocket.
I will make the officers life hell if he damages my boat..
I would love to have seen that if it actualy happened. They DON'T take there shoes off. Period. Some people have said they are all a bunch of power mad pricks. I have never seen that. You guys have to remember, these guys are doing a ****ty job, in the full heat of the day wearing a full uniform AND body armor. The shoe marks wipe up, and they are not stopping people for noise because they feel like it. They are doing what they wher told to do. You don't like the laws write you congresman, but don't hassle the people who are out there to protect you. Just my $.02.

Quick Reply: Odnr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.