Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   skidmarks (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53405-skidmarks.html)

Cord 06-30-2003 07:56 AM

skidmarks

Did you guys know that you can actually lay a skid mark with blue jeans? I have proven it true. Ok, here's the story. The neighbors kid has a tiny dirt bike. He's spent a lot of time working on it and it's looking pretty good. Well everybody was riding it and I wanted to give it a shot. Now this thing is sized for a 7 year old, so my lanky frame on it is pretty comical. The boy shows me how to shift and brake etc. Where's the clutch? Oh, ok. No clutch. I can handle that. So I turn out of the driveway in first and roll the throttle open. Ok, gotta shift. I kick the shifter down and miss second going directly into 3rd. The nose comes up, but I'm still holding on. The only problem is that I'm still holding on. The bike is running wide open under my death grip. I finally slide off the back of the seat and I'm being dragged on my knees going down the road (hence the blue jean skid marks). I finally realize that this is starting to really hurt so I let go. Suprisingly the bike lands on both wheels and keeps on going. It tips to the left and crashes right into the boat! Doh! Luckily it was the fender that got destroyed a couple of weeks ago. The bike wasn't too bad for wear either. A little bashing and the fender was as good as new. Wish I could say the same for my knees. I'm going to be walking stiff legged for a while. :o

CigDaze 06-30-2003 08:18 AM

OUCH! Thanks goodness for the jeans.

Many years ago, a few buddies and I built a go-cart with a 3hp B&S. It was pretty quick and it was the coolest thing on our block. Anyway, it was meant for only one passanger, but a second person could sit on a roll bar on the back pretty easily...just a PITA to balance. I was on the back this one particular time and a friend was at the wheel; he thought it would be a good idea to put it through some slolom turns and I went off the back. Only problem, my foot was stuck and I was being dragged on my knees on a freshly Oil and Stone street(If you've ever seen an oil and stone road, you could imagine). After the ordel, when we came to a stop, I looked down and to my amazement, I completetely removed the skin from my knees and was staring at my freshly ground down kneecaps; down to the marrow. Very painful...I still have the flatspots on my knees to this day.

So, It's a damn good thing for your jeans!

CigDaze 06-30-2003 08:19 AM

P.S.
I'g glad you weren't talking about another kind of skidmark in your jeans. :D:D:D

Cord 06-30-2003 08:37 AM

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. The jeans lasted for about a foot, which was just enough to keep me from actually grinding through the skin. It was a warm day and the mrs was bugging me to put some shorts on. Sure am glad that I ignored her. :D

Sydwayz 06-30-2003 08:41 AM

Several years ago, back when I lived in the midwest, I knew a guy named Al Karlowski. We were all on the Volunteer Fire Dept. together. Now Al was the type of guy that looked straight out of Hells Angels; huge, full of tatoos, long beard, kinda balding. He had Harleys ALL OVER his house, from the basement to the dining room. He had this sweet as all get out 69 Chevelle SS396, cherry red in the garage too.

Al went and bought his son, a 5 year old, a tiny dirt-bike as his first bike. It was something like a 25cc or something. Well, we all got this call over our pagers that there was a motorcycle accident on his street, and going by the addresses (very small town) we knew it was right in front of his house. We ALL went screaming over there to see what happened, as we figured he really tore himself up on one of the Harleys. We arrive, and turns our he was riding the little 25cc dirt-bike on the street. He turned the handle bars and got the brake lever/throttle caught under his knee. He turned himself upside down right infront of God and everyone. He was SO PISSED. He said, "get me in my house before anyone else sees this". He was tore up in a few places, and chipped a tooth, but the one thing he was pissed about most, was the brand new pair of Levis he was wearing, that caused the accident, had got all torn up when he fell.

It happens to the best of us.

:D:D

X-Rated30 06-30-2003 11:00 AM

Troutly -- please don't read this reply.:rolleyes:

Back when I was married, the ex would have an argument no matter where we were. I am kind of private about that kind of stuff, and I really feel it is innappropriate in front of children. One weekend we were in the car driving through downtown with me driving and her son in the backseat when the urge to argue hit her. I tried to de-escalate, but I had obviously done SOMETHING worth yelling at me. In a final attempt to de-escalate, I looked at her with mock anger in my face and told her I was getting out. I stopped the car and opened the door, popping the trunk as I got out.

Imagine her son's surprise when I retrieved his Razor Scooter (those chrome ones that were cool back then), and began happily scooting down the middle of the street. She got in the driver's seat and began following me, but I guess it is kind of hard to maintain an argument when the object of your anger is a grown man on a chrome scooter. She began to laugh, and asked me to get back in the car. I told her I would rather just hold on to the spoiler and be pulled home... Ouch.

Those things are VERY squirrely over about 30 mph, and needless to say, I went skipping across the pavement like a flat rock! Broke the cell phone in my pocket, tore the pants I was wearing, and bruised my ass so bad it was discolored for a month.

But the argument was over. :D

Sydwayz 06-30-2003 11:21 AM

ROFLMAO KS30!!!!! I am putting a scooter in the trunk this afternoon!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

(That's gonna get the Troutly 5 too.)

CigDaze 06-30-2003 11:40 AM

LMAO!!! :D:D:D
I can almost picture it!

Cord 06-30-2003 12:15 PM

Mommy! Mommy! Daddy just took a digger! :D

Waterfoul 06-30-2003 12:37 PM

So, Tim.....did the little kid kick your azz for crashing his bike? You know you would have had a piece of him for crashing your boat!! LOL!!!! If I were the little kid, I'd have walked up to you and gave you a right upper cut....and being smaller than you, you know where he would have hit you!!!! :crazy: