Notices

legal ?

Old 06-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default legal ?

My house sit's above the guys next door and with all the rain he is having septic problems. He came to me two days ago and asked if I would do something with my down spouts. I have a guy coming out tomorrow to trench in all my drains down to the bulk head. about 800 feet worth of trenching and pipe.

He just bought the place and is an old friend of my dad's. He just put a flag up on his boat house and has a flood light pointing at it, my guess about 500 watts. It is on 24/7 and light's up my house and I didn't spend the f-ing cash I did for waterfront property to put up black out shades in so I can sleep at night.

I asked if he could put it on a timer or change the way it point's and he said that I should get drapes because he isn't doing anything with it. (He know's that I'm fixing the water problem.)

What should I do my dad is dead so I can't have him talk to him. The way the light is mounted I can't just move it my self and hope they don't notice. He hasn't even stayed there yet, he bought the place as a weekend home and is doing a remodel on it so it's not like he has been dying over there. I want to put all my drains at the property line and tell him to kiss my a$$ but I don't know the laws. I would think my house passed insp. and it is up to him to put in French drains around his house.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot it out and make him replace it. When he gets tired of replacing bulbs he might get the idea.

Just an opinion and meant as an alternative.

If he won't even consider helping you out why help him. The world is loaded with petty people pissing off those who try to do right.

You coming out tomorrow??
Old 06-27-2003, 08:41 PM
Banned

Pellet gun.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:47 PM
Registered

If he doesn't want to help you, why help him. Use the money you were gonna spend on trenching and pipe for gas................or a nice new pellet gun.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Registered

1) Ask him again in writting to shade the light. Documant everything then go to the officials and lodge a complaint. There is probably an ordinance somewhere regarding it.

2) Forget the drainage system. It's his problem for having a house downhill. It's not your job to fix his problem.
Allan4

I would hold off on the drain work and then figure out the legalities of it. If he wants to be a prick then he will have a bad septic system. Besides, who says it is your runoff water causing the problems?

I would help him out as much as possible until he dicks you.....like he is with the light. Then....I would tellhim to pound salt.

Figure out the legal stuff first though, you do not want to end up in court. But....wait on fixing the drainage

Good luck.

Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

I wouldn't worry about 800 feet of trench for his sake if he can't move the light.
As far as him being a friend of your dads...your dads dead (sorry )but he's obviously no friend of yours.
If your house has passed inspect. and is ok...."pluck him"
Old 06-27-2003, 08:52 PM
Registered

I'm going to give him one more try in the morning when he sees the trencher here and if he wont do the light the way I want or atleast a way that it doesn't bother me then the only drains getting done are the ones that help me.

I shoot the seagulls of my dock all the time so I know I can hit the light but where it is if I miss or the bullet gos threw it's going to f up his boat house and I don't have the cash he does to fight him in court. I do well but he makes more in a month than I do all year. He has over 10 mil in boats 3 in different places all with crews waiting for him to show up. It's sick.

I want to go get one of those big lights they use when the open up a store, the ones you can see 20 miles away and just poiunt it at his house the first day he stays there.

Yes I'll be out this week end, I drove my boat to work today, it was sweet saw two boats on the way in and about 10 on the way home. I did have to slow down for two "LOG JAMS" I can't beleive how much crap is in the river north of Tims. Took about 1.5 hours off my best Friday drive home time. I think I'll be taking the boat every Friday the weather will let me. But it's not the best on gas used about 40 gal. today there and back.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Allan4

So what....that sound awesome

I like the light idea. My Uncle did that to his neighbor. They built a house ans pointed the spotlights right at his front door....he retaliated with some monster lights....they got the picture!!

Old 06-27-2003, 09:05 PM
Registered

What sound's good Allan that the dick next door has more $$ than god or that I spent 65 buck's going to and from work.

Quick Reply: legal ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.