Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   new trend: no business with Turkish people (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53461-new-trend-no-business-turkish-people.html)

Lucididee 07-01-2003 05:14 PM

Originally posted by Peconic
Tim: Don't worry, Luci won't stiff you. In any case, she lives close to where the NJ posse & OSO night riders make their home.
Oh boy now I'm in trouble!!!!! :eek:

Peconic........looks like the only race I may make this year is the one one up the Hudson the weekend after Labor Day (can't get off of work) :( . Hoping to stay at Liberty Landing over nite..........so beware............it's my B-Day weekend :D ! (I thought I let ya know now. :D )

And Tim, I'll help ya in the future with anything I can do for ya. I'm no expert. Just a chick with some good friends! :D

Turbojack 07-01-2003 05:15 PM

Tim, the problem is not you. The problem is all of the forged credit cards. We can not get verification the card is good until sometimes after we ship off the parts. If card is bad number or stolen then they charge us back. Then we are out the money the parts cost & someone overseas has new parts without paying for them.

timucin 07-01-2003 05:39 PM

ok i understand it. no problem with that.i will use wire transfer from now if its necessary.... but why should someone buy a drive or engine part with a stolen/bad credit card and give his/her adress ?!?
I would buy different things which turns to money easily , if i had a stolen card

timucin 07-01-2003 05:42 PM

Re: new trend: no business with Turkish people

Originally posted by timucin
whats wrong there?
no one accepts turkish credit cards,no one ships any item here?
whats wrong?'?!?

another point : it was not like this before when i was building my boat

Peconic 07-01-2003 05:54 PM

Tim: Many, many years ago I had a direct marketing business in the U.S. Even then, fraud sometimes was 5% of sales. Domestic fraud. Nobody wanted to help. At the slightest sign of trouble, banks simply charged back the amount. Kids used their parents card, goods were delivered to parents' house, parents said: "I didn't order." - chargeback. Once we were stiffed by someone in jail. They learned how to come up with legit numbers. "Ha!" I said, "this one can't run away." Police, banks, no help. Do you know what they said? "What do you want? He's already in jail."

These days it's much worse. Therefore, merchants protect themselves by verifying the address, even the security number. The on-line CC processing companies do not offer that information for foreign cards. That's why everybody stopped taking them. It's nothing personal, it has nothing to do with your country. And don't feel bad. A lot of customers from New Mexico get turned down, "because we don't ship abroad."

Internationally, the bank wire route is much easier.

Turbojack 07-01-2003 09:06 PM

Dam Cat, I am proud of you.

Cigwillie 07-01-2003 09:43 PM

Originally posted by catmando
I have been rightly chastised and have deleted my posts.
There must be a cat ch;) :p

BAD-HABIT 07-02-2003 03:32 AM

They always say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but Hell I guess you can teach an old cat new ones:D Lets keep the political stuff in the correct forum....

BH