Notices

Lake Wallenpaupack, PA ??

Old 06-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lake Wallenpaupack, PA ??

Does anyone from the board ever boat on this lake?

A friend of mine just bought a house up there, and has invited me up for the July 4th weekend. I told him that i would rather be boating, so i probably wont make it. He then told me that he has a boat slip on the lake, and that i should bring the boat.

Another friend of mine told me there are noise restrictions on the lake, and the fine is $300+. Can anyone confirm this? are there any other restrictions that i should know about? Lastly, will anyone be on the lake this comming 4th of July weekend?
Old 06-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mark - I have only boated up there in a family-style bowrider, so I can't say about noise laws, but I'm sure you could turn up something with a web search and a call to the local water cops. Not a bad lake, but has lots of marinas, so I would bet that it's likely to be VERY full next weekend.

Can't believe you're up so early on the day after Canal Weekend. I hope that you (or BajaBob) didn't fall off of any boats.....
Old 07-01-2003, 02:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MARK,

YES THEY DO HAVE NOISE RESTRICYIONS. BUT IF YOU GET A TICKET YOU CAN BEAT THEM EVERY TIME BY SAYING THS IS HOW I GOT IT AT THE DEALER. WICH IS THE TRUTH. IT IS UP TO THE DEALER BY LAW TO UPHOLD STATE REGULATIONS. JUST LIKE BUYING A CAR,

TREADWELL
Old 07-01-2003, 06:04 AM
Registered

As of last summer, we had run a 22 scarab with thru hull only and never ran into a problem. Biggest issue with Walltowallpackemin lake is to chose the right ramp.... use the public ramp by the dam which doesn't have much parking or a marina in that area... First Klas has a good ramp.. the other end of the lake ramps are like cliffs!!! It's a nice lake, can get packed, but not many cove areas for anchoring.... pretty much owned by NJ and NY people.... If you want a beautiful PA lake.... go to Raystown.... Good luck!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 07:12 AM
Registered

Thanks Chuck, Tread, and ECB for the info....i think i will give it a try. Since i am being forced to go now (by my girl), i minus well try to use my boat while i'm up there. I'll let you know what happends.

btw...Chuck...i was in need of NO headgear this year while hanging with bajabob38. i managed to stay on my feet even after tapping into his BIG gatorade cooler of Cocktail. (thanks Bob).
Old 07-01-2003, 08:25 AM
Registered

This is the home of FRIENDSHIP 1 Racing. It depends on what time of day your out there. The PAFBC are looking for noise, the "I got it from the dealer this way" is a problem. Last year they sent a memo to the dealers about exhaust. It is illegal to sell a boat with a silant choice system, and you can't modify the system either. Look at PA Code 58 section 119 it deals with this issue. I've tried since November to get a test permit and all I get is I don't qualify. So far this year I know of one noise ticket that they gave out. The proud owner of this was a 38' Outer limits. I live right there and I'll tell ya I'll take that deep big block sound over the buzz of the jet skis any day. Mid week is not too bad not too many people around. Stay away this week with the 4th of July coming up. The PAFBC load up the lake with patrols for the whole week. One officer is real down on the noise.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:17 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

don't know about the noise restrictions but I did lean how to drive a boat on lake wallenpaupack.19' baliner bowrider with a 125 force. It was a family boat than eventualy became my first boat : )