Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fireworks on Boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53592-fireworks-boat.html)

CigDaze 07-02-2003 12:30 PM

LOL bobby! :D

florida gator 07-03-2003 08:12 AM

Hell no, which sucks because I have some good ones this year. I do take a handfulof waterproof firecrackers. They go off right in the water.

bluemut 06-21-2004 04:32 PM

Re: Fireworks on Boat?

Ok guys and girls. totally off topic. I've owned three Baja 24 Outlaws, all with 454's from 310 HP to 385 Mag. Question: I'm considering buying a 97 Outlaw with a 385 Mag with a pro charger turning a 28 pitch SS prop. I'm advised the boat can handle that kind of HP. Any comments? Thanks in advance.

Downtown42 06-21-2004 05:01 PM

:drink: Buy the white testing flares and blast them out of the 12 gauge flare gun. They are legal. Or do the beer can in water and pump-off the .357 with Ted Nugent blaring :drink:

RebarBox 06-21-2004 05:03 PM

bluemut,

Welcome to the board.

You might try posting your question in the Baja forum. Probably get a lot better response than asking on a 'Fireworks on boat' topic. :eek: :drink:

MitchStellin 06-21-2004 05:12 PM

Yes, we take the plugs out of the engine, they make great bottle rocket holders, except for a few cylinders where the piston is too high but I have 2 engines and that makes up for it. :eek: SOMEONE SHOOT ME NOW :blaster: What a joke, if I was even within 30 yards of an idiot like this he would be asked once, told the next time and then doused with water from the water cannon I have. Thats as funny as a Submarine with a screen door. :rolleyes:

fund razor 06-22-2004 01:08 PM

I had a fit when the boat was on the trailer and some dumb*ss with 15.00 worth of fireworks started shooting them everywhere.

Fireworks were pretty cool when I was 12. Not so much these days.

Bluemut: Welcome to the board...drop the 24.95 and then you can post threads.
Plus you can look at the pics. (And even visit the Baja owner's forum)
For 49.95, I think you can still get the Freeze Frame DVD which won't play in your system.
With three 24 Outlaws behind you, you are probably the 24 Outlaw expert.
Boats never object to more horsepower.
It's girlfriends and outdrives that can get a little problematic about it.

rich allen 06-22-2004 02:24 PM

Too be safe, first I flood the boat with about 8 inches of water, to prevent any sparks from igniting, then I remove the docking lights. Now I can just aim the rockets in any direction by steering the boat around, while my buddy shoots them out of the front holes. works like a charm.. Its a real crowd pleaser..!! :D

chriscraft240 06-22-2004 03:00 PM

My brothers buddy bought a new pontoon boat 1 month old and parked in front of his house on the dock. Shot off fireworks all night, next morning $1600 in cushion damage. ohch. His wife wasn't too pissed, yeah right! NO FIREWORKS!