Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   look what I found. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53614-look-what-i-found.html)

wildthing357 07-02-2003 10:48 PM

Too Old you know all most everything:D :D You got to love that!!

Shane 07-03-2003 07:00 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
Yeah....I'm a graduate of Fred's College of useless knowledge.:D :D :D
GRADUATE???.....Hell, you FOUNDED it!:p ;) :D

wannabe 07-03-2003 07:07 AM

Where's T2X?

He could probably chime in on this design.

I don't know if it is a George Linder design also.

My recollection is these are very heavy boats.

wannabe 07-04-2003 03:51 PM

Pricing-NADA

Length: 30'
Model Name/Description: EXCALIBUR CAT
Boat Type: Stern Drive Power Boat
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Beam: 9' 8"
Engine: 2
300 HP
Gasoline
Net Weight: 7,300
Low Retail: $17,400
Average Retail: $22,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported Engine Range: 401-500 HP
Total adjustment for your engine(s) - Add: $1,400

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional Equipment
Power Boat: CANVAS
Cockpit Cover: Low: $150 Avg.: $180

Totals
Total Low Retail: $18,950
Total Average Retail: $23,580

Airpacker 07-05-2003 06:39 AM

Our OSO resident rocket scientist Tomcat has one of those. PM him and ask all you want about it.

JGB 07-05-2003 06:58 AM

My cousin has the the molds for the wellcraft excalibur cat if anyone is interested. PM me and I will get you in touch with him.

Jim

Payton 07-05-2003 07:09 AM

I looked at one in N.Miami 2 years ago. This one had been upgraded to 502 mags. Nice boat. Nice size cabin. I understand that in bigger than 2' waves they had a tendency to "burp" from under the front end if you weren't running faster than 50 mph. I decided my wife wouldn't be real happy with the boat. Just under 50 is a very comfortable speed for her.

I believe they are similar to, but heavier than, a Chris Cat

groove 07-05-2003 07:56 AM

Originally posted by Payton
I understand that in bigger than 2' waves they had a tendency to "burp" from under the front end if you weren't running faster than 50 mph.
Never been on a cat before. When you say burp, do you mean it would slap water out the front?

Thanks

glassdave 07-05-2003 11:26 AM

groove- when some cats run at slower speeds they can hold air in the tunnel without releasing through the back. in this condition the air has no place to go as it enters the tunnel and can have a tendancy to "puff" back out the front as you hit waves. this puff usually caries a bit of spray with it so you can get a bit wet. :cool:

bouyhunter 07-06-2003 04:01 AM

If I recall correctly, Wellcraft made that boat for only two years. It was around the same time as the "miami vice" scarabs. I think that was probably the last year of the Kaama also.
I doubt they made very many of those cats.
I wouldn't expect much in speed due to the weight and the B/W tranny's for the TRS. I liked my TRS drive, and with the tranny it was excellent around the docks. Could start to become a problem finding parts for those drives though, even props.
None the less, great looking boat! I'd take a look if I had a little extra pocket change.