Notices

Lake St Clair Race

Old 06-30-2003, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lake St Clair Race

A big thankyou to Mike and the MOPRA/LSCORA for a great event!!A major poker run on Sat and Racing on Sun.All the profits went to the Jack Stoerrle trust fund for his wife and kids.It was a very touching as they gave the funds and as each of the teams donated there winnings to the family.There was a nice awards dinner with great trophys and great friends.Thanks for the donation to help the challenged kids of Old Village School.It was one special day that helped a lot of people.Great Job and see you next year.#20 Reliable Carriers And TomCat
Old 06-30-2003, 08:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the spectator fleet, Man you were flyin! Its hard to get a good feel of the race from one spot but what I seen was great. I was anchored right where the fleet went buy while heading to the milling circle. We got a good close up view there.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

the boat really ran great!! Hope the same is true in savannah.I was surprised that there was not many boats out watching the lake.But what do I know, have to watch the course.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:26 PM
ragman

Default Lake St. Clair

Tom,
Thanks for bringing your boats to the event. I hope every one
had a great time. I would like to thank all the poker run teams,
racers, and sponsors that made this event very special to
MOPRA/LSCORA. With the help of all of you, and the trust fund
that we set up a few months back we raised around
20,000.00 for Melaine and the kids.What a great feeling.
I hope we see all of you back next year, the board is already
working on next years event to make it bigger and better.

Thanks Mike Raguso
Event Chairman Metro Beach.

Old 06-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Registered

That was our first poker run and I was very impressed. We rode with the Cardsharks and had a blast. I thought I was going to get CO poisoning when everyone started up at the docks at Metro, what an awesome sight and that was the absolute best sound in the world. Dinner after was excellent, too.

We had our boat in a well close to the floating docks and the closest I could park my truck with the trailer forced me to have to walk through the race boat parking and those rusty old car carrier trucks. haha. I could spend a couple of days cleaning my boat and not get it nearly as spotless as every piece of equipment in the Reliable Racing area. Very nice set up, Tom.

The weekend ended on a sour note though. We had a blow out on 696 and Franklin Rd., no spare and I had taken my floor jack out of the truck about a week before. AAA was no help and obviously no tire stores were open at 6:30 on a Sunday. I called the Cardsharks who live on that side of town and Boyd and Shirley showed up 25 minutes later with a spare and a floor jack. Their spare wouldn't fit our trailer, but we were able to get the tire off and tie up the axle with the back tow straps. We took it easy and they followed us the 5 or 6 miles home to make sure we made it.

Thanks Mike for the great event, and thanks especially to Shirley and Boyd for the boat ride and being our 911. We owe you one (or two or three...)
Old 07-01-2003, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill272, how was the ride on Cardshark? You guys looked great when you passed us on the return run on the Detroit river. Every wave I could see your drives and props out of the water.

Gotta get my handle changed to PatriYacht
Old 07-01-2003, 06:33 AM
Registered

Also, thanks Mike for putting on the event. It must've taken a lot of work. Count us in for next year.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:50 AM
Registered

The ride was awesome. I don't know how it looked from the outside, but it felt like it was flying level and the re-entry was always smooth. We picked up another passenger at the lunch stop who wasn't having a very good time in a smaller cat. He was pretty grateful on the ride back even through the roller coaster ride through the Detroit river swells. You guys looked good running the river, too. The weight of the BT must really smooth out that river slop through downtown...
Old 07-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Registered

Not as much as you might think. I have a big bruise on my right arm from bouncing of the side of the boat. It must've been wild in a small cat.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Does any one have pic's, didn't have a chance to make it out.

Quick Reply: Lake St Clair Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.