Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
"Mind if I smoke pictures"------>HERE!! >

"Mind if I smoke pictures"------>HERE!!

Notices

"Mind if I smoke pictures"------>HERE!!

Old 07-07-2003, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pictures. You can never have enough boat pictures. However, I have one question.

I assume this event was at LOTO. For the past 3 years I read on this forum about LOTO having some one the roughest water in the country and I have no reason to doubt that. Yet in all the 100's of LOTO pictures I've seen on this forum, the water looks quite tame. What's up with that?
Old 07-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not as bad as I've heard people say. If your in a 17 Ft IMP then it would be pretty rough.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Steve_H

Thumbs up

wow , my little sunboat looks big in that pic.
musta been a wide angle lens

thanks for taking all the pics VB.

Old 07-07-2003, 01:05 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cigracer28/38
It's not as bad as I've heard people say. If your in a 17 Ft IMP then it would be pretty rough.
I gotta disagree, run from the grand glaize to the damn on any saturday or holiday in the summer and the story is a lot different as these people unfortunatley found out in a 31 footer. When we ran we were on a thursday, we left at 11 AM and we ran to the calmer end of the lake as far as traffic goes.

It was a tough weekend at the lake, 20 went to jail, over 1000 boats in PC and they wrote more tickets to people on PWC's in 3 days than they had the whole rest of the year.

Woman drowns when boat goes down in Glaize with boat, drowns(sic)

Cruiser swamped by wakes on Grand Glaize Arm, passenger trapped in cabin

By Joyce L. Miller

LAKE OF THE OZARKS - A 35-year-old woman drowned when the cruiser she was on sank on the Grand Glaize Arm of Lake of the Ozarks.

According to the Missouri Water Patrol, the body of Wendy Gott of Barnhart, Mo., was recovered inside the cabin of the 31-foot Chris Craft about three hours after it sank near the 3-mile marker of the Glaize Friday.

The boat was outside the no-wake zone that stretches from the mouth of the Grand Glaize Arm to near the Moorings Yacht Club.

A Water Patrol spokesman said the boat was stopped in the main channel of the Grand Glaize when it was hit by a series of large wakes. The first wakes to hit the boat filled the engine compartment. The second round of wakes breaking over the boat caused it to sink stern first. Witnesses said the bow was pointing straight up as the boat sank.

A diver from a private company was brought in to help with recovery efforts. He said he found the stern resting in mud in about 70 feet of water. The bow was still pointing up.

Water Patrol officers said the description matched the sequence of events provided by seven people thrown from the boat when it started sinking.

The Water Patrol said the seven survivors were picked up by boaters who stopped to help.

Witnesses said the boat was idling when it started to take on water. They said waves rolling over the boat were over six feet high.

Efforts to re-start the engine failed as the compartment filled up. The passengers said there wasn't a lot of time between the first and second round of waves. Gott was apparently in the cabin and didn't get out in time.

The Water Patrol said the boat was coming from Party Cove headed toward the Grand Glaize Bridge.

Gott's is the third boating-related drowning of the season at Lake of the Ozarks.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Von Bongo
I gotta disagree, run from the grand glaize to the damn on any saturday or holiday in the summer

I definitly agree that it's gets pretty choppy out there. . I have just heard people try to compare it to "ocean" conditions, which is ridiculous.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Charter Member #1251
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take ocean conditions over confused boat wakes anyday!!!!!
Old 07-07-2003, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cigracer28/38
I definitly agree that it's gets pretty choppy out there. . I have just heard people try to compare it to "ocean" conditions, which is ridiculous.
I agree this is no 10-20 foot swells, it is just very choppy with no wave pattern at all.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Registered

Default Sean

Thats my bullet. I bought it from Edward, But I can't hardly find out anything on the boat. It has nice power but not sure whats all been done to it. Do you know anymore about the boat than what you already said?
Old 07-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Registered

PartyCove,

I don't know much more about it...Is Edward the guy from Hit Factory? I forget the last name, but if I heard it it would ring a bell...

Your best bet would be to call MRD in Lindenhurst, NY and ask for Buck...tell him Sean from Falcon sent ya. He may have more info on the boat. I believe it was well taken care of...sat on a lift in Westhampton, NY. I used to drool over it when I first knew I had to have a Cigarette...

I don't recall hearing of any damage or anything of that nature...it's a small High Performance group out here, so I'm sure it would have stuck in my mind. If you got it for anywhere near what it was advertised for near the end, I'd say you got a great deal.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Registered

Default Sean

I have talked to MRD they said that they rigged the dash and the Hyd steering. His name was Edward Garmino Owner of The Hit Factory. MRD told me that someone down in FL Built the motor's. I got a Great deal on the Boat!

Quick Reply: "Mind if I smoke pictures"------>HERE!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.