Notices

sarasota race 7/04/03

Old 07-01-2003, 07:01 PM
xracer

Thumbs up sarasota race 7/04/03

it is just getting better &better!S,B.I. still has NO boats racing. The last race i counted less than 15 boats .Anybody enjoying watching the races!Anybody going to the s.b.i. races in sarasota???The poker run will have over 35 boats ! Probaly better racing going on in the poker run!When will S.B.I./john carbonell Give up ,or change his ways ???The racers spoke and john doesn,t understand what to do !Could anyone here tell oso members what would bring back the RACERS to the race cites in S.B.I.!!Or is too LATE????

Old 07-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I belong to the club having the poker run. It kind of pisses me off that they are closing the closest good ramp to the public for 15 SBI boats.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:07 PM
Racegrrl

Perhaps Cuda you should race instead of poker run. Xracer, yes, there are people enjoying the SBI races . As of right now there are around 30 + boats for Sarasota. Will that change, I don't know. But I do know that negative comments are not fair to the SBI racers who spend a lot of money, time and effort to attend these races!

Old 07-01-2003, 08:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Racegrrl
Perhaps Cuda you should race instead of poker run. Xracer, yes, there are people enjoying the SBI races . As of right now there are around 30 + boats for Sarasota. Will that change, I don't know. But I do know that negative comments are not fair to the SBI racers who spend a lot of money, time and effort to attend these races!
I have absolutely no desire to race. I am not slamming SBI, I wish they would get 60 boats there. I just am annoyed at closing a ramp that can accomodate 100 plus boats for the event, and especially because it's a holiday weekend. All the ramps are crowded as it is. As for the money spent to attend the races, I don't recall getting a free pass for the weekend myself.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Racegrrl
As of right now there are around 30 + boats for Sarasota.
Isn't that exactly what was said last time?
The poker run will dwarf the race.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SNGLSTACK
OBVIOUSLY YOU FEW A-- HOLES HAVE NOTHING TO DO BUT KNOCK SBI EXRACER YOU A MAN WITHOUT ANY WHERE TO GO TRY GOING TO GA. KISS MIKE A.S A--S AND HAVE A GOOD DAY NUFF. SAID? SOME DAYS YOU GET THE BEAR SOME DAYS THE BEAR GETS YOU
Huh?
Old 07-02-2003, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

It is too late for many of us. We gave Carbonell EVERY chance to make things right. As for SNGLSTACK's comment, Unless what happened to us, happened to you, you could not possably understand our frustration and anger. We were robbed of our money (entry fees, travel expenses, drive rebuilds, PRIZE MONEY, fuel, boat transport fees, time away from our businesses, sponsors money, etc, etc,etc) for 4 races. But worst of all the passion of the sport we love! I don't have an exact figure of how much it was for me but it was approx. $30,000. That's a lot of money to spend racing races you have no chance in helll to win due to cheating and then it's cover up by Carbonell after we spent the last years supporting his business. Sponors spend lots of money hoping the team they support does well. It's good publicity. When everything went down in New York last year, many of our sponsor threw in the towel. These sponsors are very hard to come by. Many of the races have kids that go to every race. I know one of my absolute fondest memories was when my dad won his first race back in 1979 against Rocky, Betty Cook and other legends. That day my dad was GOD. Every racer wants that day! Remember 2nd place is the first looser.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Lube Job,
What boat did your dad run?
Thanks
Bob G.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Robert Geoghegan
Lube Job,
What boat did your dad run?
Thanks
Bob G.
My dad ran the Executioner. My cousins ran Star Chaser a few years later.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:31 AM
Registered

Lube Job, how do I get one of your team polo shirts w/the bada bing logo ??

Greg

Quick Reply: sarasota race 7/04/03

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.