If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mad Hatter
    That reminds me, when my dad was 18 my grandpa told him to go pick up his boat from having service done to it. My grandpa couldn't find the right ball so he just told my dad to drive slow. Apperantly he didn't ahve safety chains either cause when he cam up to the corner of Lakewood and Lakeshore the baot went flying past him and crashed into a house!

My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA
    Hey low Rider, you are right, I greased it before we left but it was chaffing really bad before even cut a groove in the ball. I bet that was it.

Edison, NJ, USA
    Funny you should bring that up..(well ..not funny)
    I was at the marina this weekend and I notice a trailer made by the same company as two of mine, all bent up and mangled.
    I asked the marina master what happened. All names are being withheld due to possible future legal action. Apparently, a rather large, maybe 36+ foot Formula was on the trailer while under way. Don't know how fast or where. But the tounge of the trailer pulled out from the rest of the trailer. the trailer was all over the road while taking out a couple of cars in its path. There was one injury from what I understand but not life threatening. Could have been worse ...much worse. It appears that the bolts sheared that hold the center tounge tube to the rest of the trailer. Needless to say, Ill be checking all the bolts on my trailers.

Charter Member #601 Charter Member Mr Gadgets's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999; 28' Checkmate Convincer, 588" Dart, Procharger, MSII EFI.
    Holland, Mi USA.
    Dang Mitch..
    Close call.. I guess it heeds us all to find out what that noise is.. when it occures..
    Glad to hear you didnt have any more trouble than that..

My Boats:
    1989 Cigarette Bullet
    Siloam Springs, Ar.
    That's why we tighten all of ours with an impact @ 650 ft/lbs for the customer when installing tow packages.

My Boats:
    330 Carver 30' Scarab Panther 17' ProV Lund
    Really good of you to mention this experience Mitch! I lost a trailer wheel 4 weeks ago to lug nuts that came loose (sheared lugs). Luckily it was the ditch side wheel that departed on a tri axle trailer. I'll be checking my ball and hitch assembly after reading this. One close call is all I can take!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12