Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hey Too Old... Tried the Great American Burger yet ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53844-hey-too-old-tried-great-american-burger-yet.html)

cuda 07-07-2003 11:34 PM

Sorry Fred, I have to back the Golden Arches, they pay for most of my toys!:)

Risk Taker 07-08-2003 08:21 AM

I tried the G.A.B. the other day and wasn't tooo impressed. It just looked and tasted like a Whopper with bacon and some special sauce.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

I'm a "flame broiler" none the less........:D

Shane 07-08-2003 09:08 AM

Love ya Fred, but those fries....well, they leave alot to be desired.;) :crazy:

BODYSHOT1 07-08-2003 09:33 AM

Originally posted by frequentflyer
Yep.. I've worked @ corporate since 1990.. I've been administering the SAP system for a couple of years now. Glad you liked the burger... Always nice to hear your good comments about BK. They have been good to me so far..
hey frequent.

I work for the Treasury Dept of the Associated Press & we're in the process of going to SAP....

...still a year or so away from getting into it myself...thought it interesting to see it mentioned here...:cool:

cheers!

Marty

seanclong 07-08-2003 09:47 AM

Originally posted by Shane
Love ya Fred, but those fries....well, they leave alot to be desired.;) :crazy:
Yep. Fries suck. Why'd they change 'em???:confused:

CESSNA 07-08-2003 09:58 AM

Originally posted by seanclong
Yep. Fries suck. Why'd they change 'em???:confused:

oh fred please ,,,GET THE FRIES FROM McD"S I agree I love the burgers but the fries are bad and most of the time I get the burger from BK and fries from McD's ,,Help

frequentflyer 07-08-2003 10:31 AM

Hey Marty...
Going to SAP... You're in for it !! :) Actually, once everything is stabalized the system is rock solid. Are you guys going NT or Unix ? Oracle ? Also let me know if you'll be needing consultants.. I have contacts with a couple of firms and can get very good "Apapers" (Sap programmers/developers) and Basis guys (Administrators like myself..)

SummerObsession 07-08-2003 04:05 PM

While we're on the burger subject, I am on the BOD of a company that is partnering with another company called BPI (Beef Products Inc). This company is on the cutting edge of grinding for burgers. Saw an 11 inch grinder that can process TRUCKLOADS per day. All stainless of course and very trick.
He also has a beef product that will enhance flavor, add juiciness and reduce shrinkage.
He was in Miami at BK to discuss the process with them. We went to McD's to get a burger that uses the process already, and you could actually taste the difference.
When you figure out that juiciness is what hold heat, it is no wonder that BK has trouble with the product getting cold, because of the flame broiling and it's natural tendency to dry patties out.
Mark my words, there is some pretty exciting stuff on the way for the beef business.
How cool would it be to completely eliminate E-coli? Salmonila? 100% of any other meat-borne bacteria?
Stay tuned.

Jolley 07-08-2003 07:42 PM

ummm!!!!!! Burgerrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! :eek: !!!!!!!!!!