Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The show will go on - Detroit Gold Cup hydro races rescheduled for August! >

The show will go on - Detroit Gold Cup hydro races rescheduled for August!

Notices

The show will go on - Detroit Gold Cup hydro races rescheduled for August!

Old 07-08-2003, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up The show will go on - Detroit Gold Cup hydro races rescheduled for August!

Sweet! Looks like Chysler bailed out the Detroit Gold Cup - now let's hope the organizers get a decent accountant or three on the staff.

Detroit News story...
Old 07-08-2003, 07:53 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Hey Dock..

If you go get the seats in the Roostertail Turn Tower. Best view of any race you will ever see..
I'm gonna try and make it again this year.

Next year they will have two in that area. The other at St Clair where they had a successful demo show a few weeks ago.

I'm waiting for next year too when they might come to Sanford Florida..
Old 07-08-2003, 07:58 AM
Registered

For years and years I watched from a family friend's boat at the Detroit Yacht Club - best seats in the house. Sitting on the end of the 'T' dock while the big boys blast by at 200 mph, 100 feet away - that is the sh*t! Planted the high-performance bug in me...

And while I love the turbine boats, there's something elemental about a big V-12 Allison aircraft motor The kind of exhaust note you feel, not hear - good stuff!
Old 07-08-2003, 07:58 AM
Ranman

That's great! I was getting a bit nervous because I heard the races were going to be rescheduled for August, but a date hadn't been set. See, I'm having my wedding reception at the Roostertail on August 16, the week before the races. After talking to the Roostertail (Shauna and the Schoeneth's), I was told that the people who had their wedding receptions planned for that weekend were bumped due to the races being rescheduled. I've had reservations with the Roostertail for a year and a half. I'd be pretty upset if I were bumped. Another upside for me is that the Roostertail will be in it's best shape of the year the week before the races. The Gold Cup is like their superbowl.

See you there.