Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38 Lightning Flips on Winni (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53909-38-lightning-flips-winni.html)

sauron 07-08-2003 05:20 PM

Riddle me this,,, trimming the drives in during a tight turn and with power on LIFTS the back of the boat resulting in a slide out and then the boat catches and flips. Ask Wyatt Fountain about his drive angle in Marathon last year. After boat was raised the drives were tucked...

GLH 07-08-2003 05:52 PM

Glad all are fine.

Freaking idiot doing power slides... and a new boat he obviously was not familiar with, now let's all look at our insurance go up because of this mental midget.

That Lake is Bad news with all the traffic on weekends. You have to be sharper than a fighter pilot to run on that pond and not get close calls.

blue thunder 07-08-2003 05:57 PM

Course< I don't have a stepped hull either. Good points sauron! This is a great thread, particularly because no one got hurt. I think most performance boaters like to do power turns to some degree. Me being one, I would like to know how to do them better and safer at the same time ;)

BT :cool:

TulsaLarry 07-08-2003 06:16 PM

Quoted from the crash thread

38'Fountain-$340,000

Damage to 38'Fountain-$200,000+

6 People walk away alive----PRICELESS!!!!!

Quoted from the crash thread

PhantomChaos 07-08-2003 06:25 PM

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
This isn't a velocity smarty pants. The reason Velocity says that is because THEY DON'T STEP THEIR HULLS, NOTICE THE STEPS IN THE HULL OF THE FOUNTAIN!

How cocky and brilliant do you feel now?

Does this mean that a non-stepped hull will never flip or barrel roll? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

velocitoy 07-08-2003 06:42 PM

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG...BUT...It's OBVIOUS that cash doesn't buy brains OR common sense...The guy is obviously WAY out of his league boat-handling/skill/experience-wise...Shame on the dealer for letting him loose out there as well...(SILVER SANDS MARINA???)...STEVE STEPP probably wouldn't have sold a boat to this moron...Steve's pretty good at sizing-up his customers...Not to FOUNTAIN bash,but... Reggie does seem to need the cash flow right now...Regarding Lake WINNI & how "dangerously busy" it is...If you guys insist on doing the "Paugus Bay-Weirs Channel-Governor's Island -Glendale look at me parade" then YOU are part of the problem!!!...ALL SUMMER long on EVERY "busy" weekend, my son & I have headed out to "The Broads" & have literally had the whole run from Jonathan's Landing to Winter Harbor/Wolfboro all to ourselves...This weekend it was ESPECIALLY good cuz it was actually a little rough...If any of you girlz care to hone YOUR boat-handling skills, look for me out there & I'll teach ya a thing or two...All for FREE...You might spill your drinks tho...lol...

pullmytrigger 07-08-2003 07:04 PM

If Im not mistaken every new Fountain comes with a video which is very specific on how to drive it and trim it, turning included.......wheres Fever Mike?

Kanookstr 07-08-2003 07:11 PM

Originally posted by GLH
Glad all are fine.

That Lake is Bad news with all the traffic on weekends. You have to be sharper than a fighter pilot to run on that pond and not get close calls.

Here, Here GLH. I'm with you on that!!!:p Give me Lake Champlain anyday over that place. Went there twice, never went back..

Velocity Tom 07-08-2003 07:20 PM

Fever Mike did you buy a concept c.c.

Rippem 07-08-2003 08:12 PM

I'm a two Velocity owner, and you know what?? It means nothing! I will say though, that no matter what brand your partial to...there's nothing like plenty of seat time to make you a solid high performance operator in any given boat. Boat bashing is innapropriate here...there's a much bigger issue! No doubt this jerk-off was @#*%ing around with next to no seat time and a boatlaod of people...we're all gonna pay! :mad: I figured as soon as I started down this thread and saw a stepped bottom and "3 hours" that these two ingredients most likely are major contributors. But as they say...guns don't kill people...azzholes like this do! ;)