Notices

July 3, 2003 S**KED

Old 07-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry July 3, 2003 S**KED

Was in LOTO to meet with a few other OSO members. About 10 am went to get gas and the punk kid hosed me down with gas. Then drive 43 miles on the water, had a nice lunch with Mr. and Mrs Later. On the way home lost one of my homemade silencers, then stopped for a swin to cool down, the starter went out. Saw a few OSO members but no one stopped to help, has to have a pontoon boat tow me to a marine. Two hours later, new starter and were on our way. Stop by to see Mr. and Mrs. Later at there place, the swim platform was hanging off the back of my boat. So tie that up to get home. On our way again, BOOM!!!! rocker arm stud snapped, damn ARP. Had to have my brother tow me the last 2 miles. All this from 10 am to 6 pm. Only good thing that day...................some little honey flashed me her boobies.....lol. Anyone wanna buy a 88 Mach 1?
Old 07-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Registered

I actually had a ARP rocker arm stud break also...No body I talked to had ever heard of an ARP stud breaking before....I thought I was the only one...Mine broke about 1/4 down the threads for the rocker arm...

BH
Old 07-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Wow that tops my story, but misery loves company so here it is. I left the boat in the garage because I was worried about all the holiday morons and I'm glad I did. I have a cottage on a bay off Lake Ontario, had the wife, 2 year old, and mother in law, and 82 year old great grand dad out to watch a boat parade and fireworks show. My neighbor, who was always nice and respectful, was playing with fireworks, launching into the bay near us, hit the dock with a bottle rocket 2' from my wife. After I yelled at them they moved to the back yard, later I found out, MY back yard, next to where the Lexus was parked. Then 2 kids I've never seen show up on my dock, in the dark having come down some treacherous stairs blind, had to send them packing. I went up the hill after the show to light the way for the old folks and find some a-hole pissing on the house. I pretty much lost it then and gave him a colorful description of his family tree and threw him off my land. Then the kids, again on my property, were abusing my daughters slide, took that away and sent them away. All this time my neighbor played stupid and ignored what went on. The next day he gave an insincere apology, then got pissed when I told him I was going to put up posted signs due to liability issues. His response was to tell me no one could park on the right of way to my property, like I was the one in the wrong. Hopefully everything will calm down and straighten out, but if not he will be suddenly reminded that the water pipe to his cottage runs across my land, when I cut it and put up a fence! Totally ruined my evening. But if it can't be peacefull, good fences make for good neighbors.
Sorry for the long post, I feel better now!
Old 07-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I thought the whole idea of ARP was to prevent breakage! Are you guys running abnormally heavy springs??
Old 07-06-2003, 06:16 PM
Registered

Not me, not sure what's up with ARP. This is the second stud to break, gonna send both to them and see if there is a problem with there studs.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:12 PM
Registered

Broke 2 arp studs at different times myself
Old 07-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Registered

Really tuff breaking these studs while on the water, good thing some folks will stop and see if you need a hand.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Registered

88 Mach 1---- I feel your pain. Finally got boat going and I guess the cam went flat the night before I was planning on doing the run with you guys

Anyone want a 38' Scarab? J/kidding because I still like it too much to sell.............er I mean too much invested to sell ;(

Good luck gettting it running a rocker stud won't take long 'cause already had that problem this season.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Registered

Yep the next day had it all fixed up again, Just scared to take it out again.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Registered

Troutly, I was swimming, getting the boat away from shore. No big deal now, Just a little embarrising to have a pontoon boat give you a tow.......lol

Quick Reply: July 3, 2003 S**KED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.