Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   poker run rides (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54073-poker-run-rides.html)

hugetime1 07-09-2003 10:09 PM

poker run rides

I got a few seats avalible for the sorel poker run aug 15 and for the 1000 islands poker run aug 22. The cost is $400 Mainly just to cover your share of the expense. The boat is a 26 hustler with an hp500. A few in my crew got scared the last time and said they would not go again, so if you are not a puss and won't complain about a crazy driver you can go. Just reply here and I will contact you.

Shane 07-10-2003 04:36 AM

hugetime1,

You may not be aware but your boat is 2 feet to short to enter the 1000 Islands Run. They have a 28 ft minimum for that particular run. :mad: Good luck and see you on the lake.

Airpacker 07-10-2003 07:12 AM

Originally posted by Shane
hugetime1,

You may not be aware but your boat is 2 feet to short to enter the 1000 Islands Run. They have a 28 ft minimum for that particular run. :mad: Good luck and see you on the lake.

Shane, I have yet to see Bill Taylor refuse registration money in 15 yrs. I ran my old 23 foot powerplay in almost every PRA poker run in the 90's.

Shane 07-10-2003 07:14 AM

Originally posted by Airpacker
Shane, I have yet to see Bill Taylor refuse registration money in 15 yrs. I ran my old 23 foot powerplay in almost every PRA poker run in the 90's.
Air,

I tried to register 2 years in a row and the ladies at the registration table told me I could not enter.:( I told themI had a 24 Skater and referenced my experience and my marine pilots license but they simply said sorry, no boats under 28 feet. If huge can skate by GO FOR IT!

hugetime1 07-10-2003 08:08 AM

shane I have already run in them and before i bought my boat i wrote to them and asked them if i could run, and they said they do bend the rules for a 26 hustler, I just did the alexbay poker run in june and i am registared for sorel and aug 22 in 1000 islands. they said the only one i can't run in a 26 in the great lakes poker run. you are right though , they will not let a 24 skater run, wich is too bad because you are good at what you do, I am sure. The reason I put this post up shane is because the crew that rode with me in alexbay said they won't do it again because they got to scared, it was a rough day out there for a 26' when the run was over I felt like i did 150 miles on a snowmobile at the first snowfall, I couldn't move the next day.
Shane if you reply with your email address I will send you the email that I got back from pokerruns america I carrie it with me to registration just incase the girls at the booth give me a problem, but last month in alex bay there where about 10 26 and 27 footers, alot of velocities, 27 fountians, sonics, and eliminators. my boat did super against them, I passed alot of boats. If you want to come ride with me , you are more than welcome

wwwTOPDJcom 07-10-2003 12:51 PM

I think there are counting 2 foot of swim platform :D :D :D

CAP071 07-10-2003 01:07 PM

Tape a Beak onto your boat just for the day!

HAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Shane 07-10-2003 05:24 PM

huge,

my email is [email protected], It was my understanding that the only run my boat was not eligible for was the 1000 Islands Run. Alexbay was a-okay. Glad they let you participate. Thanks for the offer. I am currently scheduled to drive my buddies 28 Skater in the run. I look forward to seeing you at the lake and up there in August. Did somebody say SNOWMOBILE?!

:D :eek: :D

Team V 07-10-2003 06:49 PM

The "rule" is 26' for the "Alex Bay" poker run (early run... trying to get more participation) and 28' for the "1000 Islands" poker run. (August)

The August run is an awesome show... I hope to be there.