Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Your prayers are needed... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54088-ot-your-prayers-needed.html)

mopower 07-11-2003 10:00 PM

Budman,

:( :( Remember the good times ,and your brother will live in your heart forever;)
Our prayers go out to you and your family.

Cal (mopower)

Aqua-Holic 07-11-2003 10:48 PM

That is not what I was hoping to read as I read through this post:( :(

Our thoughts and prayers to you, and your family in these tough times.......:( :(

Matt & Alicia

R Addiction 07-11-2003 11:26 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with your brother and family.:(

kwb 07-12-2003 03:05 AM

done

Budman 07-12-2003 09:55 AM

Thanks to all of you...

Thanks to all of you who replied with prayers and well-wishes, and to those who simply thought of us without posting. It is pretty hard to imagine that this time last week I was worried about getting to Lake Cumberland in time for the holiday. Those things seem very, very far away right now.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I finally got to take Steve and three of the kids out for a boat ride on the river. They had never been out with me on my boat. I am so, so glad that we got together for that boat ride. As it turns out, that was the last time that I saw Steve before the surgery. I will always hold that memory in my heart. We are very lucky to have a large and closely-knit family, and we can lean on each other for strength right now. We also have a lot of wonderful friends who care about us. We were joking last night that people are going to drive by the funeral home tomorrow and wonder what dignitary or VIP had died, because of the overflow crowd that will be there.

If there is something I would like to leave with all of you, it would be this: If there is something that you want to do, go out NOW and do it. Don't wait for the "right" time - there might never be a right time. If I had decided that I was too busy to go for that boat ride with Steve, I wouldn't have the warm memories of that time together. And I know that not everyone is lucky enough to be on good terms with their family members. So if there is someone that you love whom you have not spoken with because of a rift, try to make amends NOW - before it is too late.

Oh yeah - sign the back of that drivers license!! We learned yesterday that 7 of Steve's organs had been placed with recipients, so that is seven people who will receive the gift of life in his name.

Allan4 07-12-2003 10:09 AM

Wonderful post, God Bless you and your family. Very strong of you to continue to post on this thread in light of recent events.

Keep on truckin' man, that's what your brother would tell you to do....and as you know....it is the only way. Funny how the list of priorities shifts dramatically (back to reality for that matter) when tradegy strikes. He sounds like he was a great man, a great loss.

God Speed

Allan