The last toy!! Check this out >

The last toy!! Check this out

Notices

The last toy!! Check this out

Old 07-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

My favorite that I had in the Air Force... 1987 with the L98 and T-Tops. Midnight Sapphire Metallic blue factory paint; could not be any closer to being black; as every ticket I ever got (including the 140 in a 45 OUCH!!!, Can you say arrest?) stated "Black Trans Am."

TA Trivia... see if you can figure out from the pic what was not factory on this car, (aside from the Gale Banks SLP SS exhaust.)
Attached Thumbnails The last toy!! Check this out-ta.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-11-2003 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the TRI Z was one of the greatest wheelie machines of all times i have scars on my a$$ to prove it. (that little grab bar on the back only takes so much abuse before it rips off
Old 07-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Re: Diamond in the rough

Originally posted by hp500efi
Hate to bust your bubble but that Tri-Z was not one of Yamaha's better trikes. Have fun with it but be safe.
I'd take one in a heartbeat. It's the only 2 stroke they made. Definately something to hold on to IMO.

Buck

Last edited by buck183; 07-11-2003 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Big E

Hate to bust your bubble but that Tri-Z was not one of Yamaha's better trikes. Have fun with it but be safe.

Burst your bubble??? Come on!!! And $300 to boot????? You will never find one in that shape like that again. You stole it!!

Old 07-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Sydwayz
My favorite that I had in the Air Force... 1987 with the L98 and T-Tops. Midnight Sapphire Metallic blue factory paint; could not be any closer to being black; as every ticket I ever got (including the 140 in a 45 OUCH!!!, Can you say arrest?) stated "Black Trans Am."

TA Trivia... see if you can figure out from the pic what was not factory on this car, (aside from the Gale Banks SLP SS exhaust.)
So what is it? The wheels maybe. Cant tell from the pic.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

1987 was the first year a 350 (L98) was re-offered in this generation of F-body. The Camaros and Trans Ams that were ordered/built that year were not allowed to have T-Tops and a 350, as GM was worried about body flex and cracking the glass in them. (I have seen other cars of this vintage literally launch T-Tops off the car at the start of drag races). This particular car was the 10th F-body off the line with a 350, and first Trans-Am, (non-GTA).

In 1988 GM strengthened the frame on the cars, which made the convertibles much stronger, (however you still could not order the 'vert with a 350; only a 5.0 with bigger cam and 5spd if you wanted; which made almost same HP as the 350, but not same torque), and they did offer 350s with T-Tops.

My car was ordered almost as a GTA, (I was second owner), with every option available. The owner did not get a GTA as that paint color my car had was not available in the GTA. He liked that paint. After the 1988 cars came out, he took the car to a hi-po factory Pontiac dealer in Detroit, and had the frame strengthening on the 1988 cars copied to this 1987 model; as well as sub-frame connectors; welded in. After that was completed, the T-Tops were retrofitted. The T-Tops were still made by ASC, but not the exact same models that ASC made for the factory. Hence the T-Top kit and car I had were a tad bit better (and stronger) than factory originals. To avoid an accident on I-395 in VA one time, I literally ended up taking the car airborne for about 20 linear feet; as a few inches high, (enough to not leave tiretracks in the grass) after going over a small angled curb on a decceleration ramp. The car lept into the center grass area of the clover-leaf, and as I mashed the throttle to fishtail out of the 'bowl' without getting stuck, the car never missed a beat, and did not damage the car to the slightest. The car never ever rattled, common with brand new cars of the era. I was really happy with that "Wednesday car."

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-12-2003 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

SUM *****!!!
Old 07-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Fever Mike
These two guys have been looking for that car!
Gimme a diablo sandwich and a dr pepper, and make it fast I'm in a god damn hurry!
Old 07-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was the only wheeler that could run with the Honda 250R. It was the best 3 wheeler Yamaha ever made. Hate to bust your bubble
Old 07-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Registered

Does anyone know of any Formulas or Trans Ams for sale? Im looking for 93 or Newer, but Im a fan of all years if in nice condition.

I currently have a 93 Z28 with 68,000 miles I'll probably be selling soon.

Here is a picture of my dads Black 58 Impala I took last month.
Attached Thumbnails The last toy!! Check this out-bobs-car-011.jpg  

Quick Reply: The last toy!! Check this out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.