Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poker Run on Grand Lake, OK (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54197-poker-run-grand-lake-ok.html)

buck183 07-15-2003 12:08 AM

Originally posted by eyezlee
Yeah the boat nazi's hate Arkansawyers. :) :D

You are right though, the night life is better at LOTO. You should load up and come on over for the run.

I'm actually thinkin about it eyezlee. Need to find some worthy passengers first. (ones that will actually pay up)

Buck

SummerObsession 07-15-2003 01:51 PM

Where is the best place to stay? We don't need anything fancy, but the boat requires a nice dock and unloading ramp. She's a bit finicky that way.

BLee 07-15-2003 02:49 PM

Originally posted by SummerObsession
Where is the best place to stay? We don't need anything fancy, but the boat requires a nice dock and unloading ramp. She's a bit finicky that way.

Awesome, I was hoping you would chime in. We need all the Cig's to show.

Ok, you can stay at The "Grand Lodge Motel."
Phone # is: (918) 782-3262
It is a 5 minute drive from Thunder Bay Marina by car (Ugly John's). It is located in the town of Ketchum.

OR

"Pine Lodge":
They are brand new cabins built this year. Reasonably priced.
They roughly the same distance to Thunder Bay, a little closer.
Phone # (918) 782-1400

You can rent a slip at Thunder Bay (where the run begins and ends) They have extremely nice covered docks, a club, and a nice gas dock. They also have a ramp and room to store your trailer.
Phone # (918) 782-4414

Bring your friends and most importantly, chicks!;) :D

SummerObsession 07-15-2003 03:28 PM

Cool, thanks for all the info!

As for the chicks, you'll have to speak with my wife about that.:D She would be the one in charge of that, and I'm sure she will tell me I only need one! She's right.

We have always wanted to come check out that lake. We know a few people that live there, so it's been on our list. I'm always up for something new:D :D

We will check out the plans and let you guys know for sure if we can make it!

Is there anyone in particular to speak to at Thunder Bay?

BLee 07-15-2003 03:31 PM

Originally posted by SummerObsession
Cool, thanks for all the info!

Is there anyone in particular to speak to at Thunder Bay?

Not really. The lady who answers the phone should know any additional info you need. I hope you guys can make it! :)

SummerObsession 07-15-2003 03:32 PM

Me too, sounds like a blast!

SummerObsession 07-16-2003 11:23 AM

Anyone else planning on going?

WARPARTY36 07-16-2003 01:14 PM

The Oklahoma boat tags are in. I just got the tags for both boats. There was a sign in the tag office that said there would not be late penalties until September. The new stickers are red if any one cares.

RebarBox 07-16-2003 04:09 PM

I think we will give it a shot this year.

Warparty36, read your post and Grove's are in too, so much for four weeks - as they told me last Thursday. It was good to meet you last weekend although we will have to work on that Coors Light thing! :D

Cigracer, Just picked up the July 9th Chronicle. Front page, upper left hand corner - I see an old cig that looks to be an SS...... You wouldn't know who's boat that is would you???? :D :D :D

eyezlee 07-16-2003 04:16 PM

Originally posted by WARPARTY36
The new stickers are red if any one cares.
RED? Cool! That will match the Scarab graphics nicely.