Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
14-H Responds to Mike A. (again) >

14-H Responds to Mike A. (again)

Notices

14-H Responds to Mike A. (again)

Old 07-08-2003, 04:14 PM
14-H

Talking 14-H Responds to Mike A. (again)

[i]Originally posted by Mike A.

• APBA has roughly 8 employees and a payroll expense of $227,000.00 annually even though it has revenues of less than $1,000,000 and most of its operations are now fully automated. When Offshore recently assumed control of the entire sanction, insurance and membership functions of the category it did so without hiring a single additional employee.
Offshore never assumed APBA's sanction, insurance and membership functions. Offshore just created its own on top of those from the APBA and all Offshore members know this. Offshore has operated kind-of like an exclusive local club for putting on all of APBA's offshore races in that you still had to join the club but you also had to join APBA and APBA kept track of membership information, assigned numbers, authorized championships and UIM championships kept track of records, administered the Hall of Champions all at the direction of but in addition to Offshore's administration. For its own, Offshore LLC charged additional fees (besides the APBA membership and sanction fees that went to Detroit), which the LLC had every right to do under the license agreement. But don't try to pretend that Offshore LLC eliminated its portion of the National Office's administration and overhead. This is not accurate.

• Detroit also paid out $27,500 in hospitalization and disability insurance premiums for an already bloated staff.

• Detroit also paid out $15,000 in pension expense.

• Detroit also paid out $65,000 in additional insurance expense such as Director’s and Officer’s Liability coverage for a small company of less than $1,000,000 in annual revenues.
What does the LLC pay for its equivalent of these overhead expenses?

• Detroit also paid out $28,000 to Steve Hearn for legal services many of which such as bylaw amendments and updates simply never were performed.
Oh, yeah: What work did APBA pay for that wasn't performed as requested, smart guy? Before you go around slinging slander like this, you ought to have enough guts to back it up with facts. And if you're insinuating that R.Steven didn't write the SeaTac By- Laws (that you weren't smart enough to get drafted before your term on the BOD ended) , recall that SeaTac was in August and R.Steven was fired by Jones in April. Mr. Bernstein was working on SeaTac ByLaws and never completed them. Who's fault is it that they were not completed before November 1? ANSWER: Yours!

• Detroit also paid out $25,000 for Board of Directors related expenses.
Mr. Jones was the only APBA director reimbursed for his UIM expenses. Let me see, did you bring a motion before the APBA BOD when this was approved to deny that request? That's what I thought.

• Detroit also suffers an annual $60,000 net loss to produce the Propeller magazine.
The members want this Mr. Allweiss! If they didn't, they'd complain about it. Again, your lack of concern about the members reveals your agenda. By the way, what portion did the LLC contribute directly for this benefit? ANSWER: None. It was contributed to by Offshore members through their APBA membership dues which you continue to withhold even though the Propeller comes out every month just as it did before.

B. PASS THE RESULTING SAVINGS ON TO THE MEMBERS.

Answer=========>

In a myriad of ways. We could reduce membership fees and sanction fees. We could also simply allow the categories to keep roughly 90% of the revenue they generate rather than giving it to the Board to hold onto and use as they want.
Excuse me. Wasn't your proposal (SeaTac) to pass 1/3 of the APBA profits to the licensees? And another 1/3 was to go to the APBA BOD. We've already seen your proposal on how to do this.

The License Fee would be based on fair market forces but it should be minimal with the money used strictly for the minimal overhead needed by a renovated, more efficient sanctioning body, such as minimal staff needs and minimal physical plant and facilities, and perhaps for dedicated new member racing programs.
This is like the car salesman asking the buyer how much the car should cost. Mr. Alweiss' company holds a license! His last suggestion for the actual amount for his company's license was $1.00 (I did not misplace a decimal or forget any commas or zeros).

E. ALLOW THE BOARD TO HIRE A QUALIFIED CEO/PRESIDENT AND GIVE HIM/HER COMPLETE AUTHORITY TO EXECUTE THE BUSINESS PLAN. THUS, IF HE/SHE DECIDES TO ELIMINATE CLASSES, CONSOLIDATE CLASSES, CHANGE RULES, APPROVE RULE CHANGES, ETC. HE/SHE CAN DO SO RIGHT THEN AND THERE.
The 2002 BOD tried to do this under Plan 2000. In fact, they had a candidate for this position in mind. Mr. Allweiss along with Mssrs. Jones and Jacobsen harpooned this proposal.

Answer=======>

I know for a fact that the "friends" have failed to address the current insurance situation. We secured a much better program than the ASIS program in relatively short order. Your leaders need to be focused on the task, however, and right now they are focused on fighting Offshore and preventing you from racing in a great event.
You are full of it. YOU VOTED IN FAVOR OF APBA'S CURRENT INSURANCE PROGRAM WITH ASIS AS AN APBA BOD MEMBER. Now its no good since you've been denied access to it as a result of the dispute between APBA and the LLC. I have personally been attempting to help the APBA consider its insurance options for next year and this is nothing more than a complete misrepresentation on your part.

You know, Mr. Allweiss: the Judge in NY has the entire matter under advisement, so I have plenty of time to respond to your innaccuracies. Want to keep this going?

14-H

Last edited by 14-H; 07-08-2003 at 04:16 PM.

Old 07-08-2003, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop the crap!

Who else has taken the sport in a better direction???? I suggest you forget about posting things to damage the spirit of offshore racing. Its headed to court and judgements will be made. let it happen. It sure dosent need your input. Attacking peoples credit dosent need to be done here, if you need these questions answered, call Mike A yourself.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:38 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Default Re: 14-H Responds to Mike A. (again)

[Mssrs. Jones and Jacobsen harpooned this proposal.

You are full of it.
14-H
[/QUOTE]

WOW!! You are full of it???? No that's the professional response to get respect???

14-H--you tried this crap on another websight...Get a life...

Call Mike on the phone.. We..fans don't need your garbage thrown in front of us..

Thanks..
Old 07-08-2003, 09:05 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

14-h. I just lost all respect for your position about this case.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

14-H,
Thanks for reposting. It seems that some of our fellow OSO friends would rather not hear your position. I personally wish there were no issues in Offshore Racing. But unfortunately there are. I can't imagine trying to make informed decisions on these issues without hearing both sides.
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Registered

Get a life, 14-H. Get a boat, 14-H. At least, get an OSO membership.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:36 AM
14-H

Wink Geta, got it.

Originally posted by Peconic
Get a life, 14-H. Get a boat, 14-H. At least, get an OSO membership.
Got too many boats, just got an OSO membership. A life... well, other than boat racing........ 14-H.

Old 07-09-2003, 08:46 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Regardless of his sometimes unfortunate terminology........

What are the ramifications if 14-H.......is right?

There are a lot of burned bridges piling up behind the LLC...and a few in front of them it seems.

Tres, we have been friends for years..........and we have seen the regimes come and go....... why cling so tightly to this one?

T2x
Old 07-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Registered

What's this I see? Why, it's a Racer's Forum. You know, where racing issues can be discussed. Imagine that.

If navigating OSO is beyond your abilities, 14-H, you can click here. Feel free to post all the racing "information" you care to, right in the RACE TALK forum.

Last edited by dockrocker; 07-09-2003 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:06 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by dockrocker
What's this I see? Why, it's a Racer's Forum. You know, where racing issues can be discussed. Imagine that.

If navigating OSO is beyond your abilities, 14-H, you can click here. Feel free to post all the racing "information" you care to, right in the RACE TALK forum.
Aw come on Dock........ Admit it......This beats discussion on "Alternative aftermarket prop nut sources for Bravo Drives".

I ignore those topics...you can ignore this one....unless you are just a teensy weensy bit interested

T2x

Quick Reply: 14-H Responds to Mike A. (again)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.