If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Charter Member#157 Charter Member MnFastBoat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Advantage 28' Cat
    Minneapolis, Mn, Usa
    Mike, I know most of the feelings your going through
    8 months ago to the day I lost my management job too a controlling hyper active a$$ of a boss.
    I ended up taking a 15grand a year loss in wages when I changed positions at the same company.
    What I have learned from this is the truck stayed broke for 6 months, the boat is staying on the trailer for the year and now I am making more money as an hourly clock puncher with overtime then i ever would on salary.
    Not to mention I have actually gained more respect from my fellow employees and people who once thought less of me wearing a management shirt.
    Times will change, mostly for the better, the boat will get fixed, just not as soon as you may want. And the truck is still drivable to keep you looking for work.
    It sucks, I know, but I also used this forum and friends from OSO to help through the tough times

Thanks to all
    This Cat is trying to keep up with the Big Dogs

My Boats:
    1990 Baja 190 DSR
    Lewis Center, Ohio
    Foul, since your laid off, $ is the main problem...Go find a job, everything else will follow.

As I saw on Dr Phil yesterday..."Do not solve money problems with money" (dont know what that means, but sounds smart!)

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven
    I still have my job, was just layed off for a little while. I'm back to work now. But the time I spent off really hurt me. My automatic paymenst didn't stop, and now I'm in the red! Sucks. Financially, things should be better within the next two weeks or so. As for the boat, I'm gonna tear the top off the motor this week and see if I can figure out what's wrong. And the truck, well, it's just a dent.
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

I'm having a hard day too foul. Depressed but going over to a friend's house with a 42' tiger. Maybe that will distract me for a little while

My Boats:
    '99 Laveycraft 21 XCS
    Mason, Mi, USA

Hang in there, things are gonna turn around! You know you have lots of friends on here that will take you boating. Fever Mike really put things in perspective.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Tinkerer's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 Daytona 26, 1992 SCARAB 34, 1989 25 Checkmate Convincer, 1977 Glastron Carlson CVX 18
    ALTO, MI
    Sorry to hear of all your troubles Mike. I have a working boat but don't have the time to use it. I still haven't properly cleaned or waxed it. Did You ever pressure test the motor to find your water source? Steve
    Hey even if it ain't broke it's still fun to tinker with it.

My Boats:
    1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue
    Dont feel like the lone ranger. I just got my engine back together and the head wasnt the only problem. The cylinder that got watered down has a knock too. So out it comes. That might be it for me this year. Had 2 good runs this summer, woopee.

My Boats:
    24 OUTLAW
    Bucyrus, Ohio
    I think I can top all that. Ive been layed off over a year now, with no more unemployment checks coming in. I have joint custody of my 2 kids, so I have to figure out ways to keep the $$$ rolling in, either buying and selling cars, or detailing cars, EBAY, etc.

As far as boat problems, I had to deal with replacing heads and the outdrive before my season even got started. Still working out the bugs.

FEVERMIKE, we all know about what you went through. I hope you consider yourself lucky in spite of it all. I lost my 36 yr old brother this past October in a 4-wheeling accident, and havent really mentioned it on here till now. This past Tuesday, I lost a good friend (a girl I graduated with) in a car accident (Age 29 and has 2 young boys).

Cheer up buddy!

You didn't list enough problems for a good Country and Western song. So I guess your Mama isn't in jail, your dog is still alive, the law isn't looking for you, etc.

Hope things get better.

My Boats:
    162 scout flats 90 merc
    eden nc
    better days are comming foul, good luck with what ever you do boats can be fixed and dents heal robbie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast