P5-88, Erie Stinger, Condolences >

P5-88, Erie Stinger, Condolences

Notices

P5-88, Erie Stinger, Condolences

Old 07-14-2003, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default P5-88, Erie Stinger, Condolences

A Bitter Sweet Lake Erie Event in Mentor, Ohio !

Hosted by a beautiful Yacht Club, the Mentor Offshore Challenge was off to a great start. Lake Erie whipped-up 8 to 10's again on Saturday but laid down overnight for great racing conditions. The event itself went off excellent with one regretful exception. The entire GLSCS Family has to once again give our sincere condolences for the loss of another long time dedicated racer - Tim Walters of P5-88, Erie Stinger. His friendship and dedication to the sport he loved will truly be missed. The unfortunate loss was from a non-racing related medical issue in Race 1 that our Medical Team rapidly responded to. More information will be posted ASAP regarding this unfortunate situation.

Post copied from GLSCS website...
Old 07-14-2003, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My condolences to the family and Friends.
RIP.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Registered

Very Sorry to hear the sad news

Best wishes to family and friends
Old 07-14-2003, 08:37 AM
Allan4

Oh my gosh, that's terrible. Those guys are super nice and were very good to us at the Cincy race. I'm so sorry to hear this, I don't know what to say. God Speed to the Erie Stinger crew, terrible news....

Allan
P5-48

Old 07-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RIP

My Condolences ...

JM
Old 07-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Registered

All of us on the Erie Stinger Team and the Walters family would like to thank everyone for their support, offers of help, and prayers. I can't begin to name everybody who helped us yesterday,

Tim suffered a heart attack right after we had rounded Turn #1 and despite his son Mark and the rest of the GLSCS Medical team's best efforts, we lost him.

The GLSCS medical team and Race Officials did everything they could, they did it right, and they did it in a professional manner befitting our sport. Nobody could have done anything more or done anything different to change the outcome of yesterday. You did it right - and all of us know it.

We were informed last night that condolences were coming in from New York, Florida, and elsewhere about the country as the news spread. I cannot tell you how much that means to us.

Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time, but when they are finalized, I will have them posted on the GLSCS website. It is our request that should any Race Teams be able to attend, please wear your race uniforms - Tim was never much for a suit and tie.

While this is a sad time for those of us left behind, Tim died doing what he loved best - racing his boat with his son next to him. It is not often that a man can live out his dream, but Tim pulled it off. He had always said that this was how he wanted to leave this world if he had to, and if he did, he would go with a smile on his face. He did.

The Erie Stinger will race again - I don't know when, but we are not going to call it quits. Tim would haunt us forever if we stopped now. Hopefully, we'll be back in time for the St. Clair River race.

Thank you again to all of you. Please check the GLSCS website for more information.

Scott Bratton
P5-88 Erie Stinger Navigator
Old 07-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Registered

TTT
Old 07-14-2003, 09:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Scott:

Man our deepest regrets for you and your team. I did not know Tim but I'm sure he was a stand up guy and will be missed by all. Please let us know if there's anything we can do.

Brian Hollis
JokerPowerBoats P5-33
Old 07-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Reindl Powerboats sends our love and prayers to the entire Walters family. You guys have run like true Champions, ones Tim and yourselves can always be proud of.

I was honored to watch the beautiful sunset with your family last night. You could feel Tim watching down with a huge proud grin on his face.

Chris
Old 07-14-2003, 10:54 AM
Registered

Once again... We are deeply saddened by this.

All the best..Please post mourning info and funeral arangements.

Quick Reply: P5-88, Erie Stinger, Condolences

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.