Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What OSO is all about!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54390-what-oso-all-about.html)

cuda 07-14-2003 03:48 PM

On another forum, someone needed a boat checked out here in Fla, and he was from Tx. Any excuse to go look at a boat works for me. I checked it out on a Friday, gave him my opinion and lots of pictures. He came down the following Monday, then left the next day with his boat in tow. The internet is truly making it a smaller world, and a larger neighborhood.

Katapult 07-14-2003 03:48 PM

Every so often my faith in people get renewed.

Outlawcowgirl 07-14-2003 04:06 PM

Bought the Baja from and OSO member-Griff. GAWD, I LOVE THAT BOAT!
Took an OSO member with me to check it out/buy it-Gordo.

Another OSO member-Sean Stinton was going to check out a boat in TX for me, he called me first and gave me a quick lesson on drives-Brovo vs. Alpha and we decided that it was not a boat for me.

The chat room and the experts in there listened and answered all of my questions before, during and after I bought the boat.

I truly think that because of OSO and the members, I would not have the beautiful boat that I have.

Not to mention the friends I have met all over the place, even though I have not met them face to face.

Porkcp4102 07-14-2003 04:10 PM

Nice Testimonials!!! :D

Reindl Powerboats 07-14-2003 04:12 PM

I agree, we have met many great friends here on OSO. Thanks Guys.

www.reindlpowerboats.com

enticer 07-14-2003 04:16 PM

KC Baja..........See what U started................
Thanks for the kind words, I was very glad to help. Hope all works out

Griff 07-14-2003 05:06 PM

I sold my 24 Outlaw to Outlawcowgirl and took a personal check for the sale without a worry. I'm glad you LUV it!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I also bought my 28 Pantera from OSO member HotDuck. Flew 1300 miles and drove another 150 to look at it Sat. Took a seatrial on Sun and closed the deal. I doubt I would have done this had the owner not been well known OSO member. Not to mention, HotDuck put me up in his hotel in Ocean City for the night.

RollWithIt 07-18-2003 05:52 AM

My hats off to Enticer. I should have put the time aside and took KC Baja up on his dilema. Sorry about that. Next time. If anybody does make it to the Pittsburgh are, let me know. I will be more than happy to lend a hand in anyway. Email me at [email protected] or call Newport Marina at 412-322-9151 and ask for Jason. Look forward to hearing from any OSO member.

Jan 07-18-2003 06:33 AM

It is treads like this that will give OSO the staying power in the future. Been hanging around this board for 3 years and am still amazed at the generosity of boaters.

Jan

Audiofn 07-18-2003 09:23 PM

That is what it is all about!!!!

Jon