Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking at a new Active Thunder >

Looking at a new Active Thunder

Notices

Looking at a new Active Thunder

Old 07-11-2003, 07:13 AM
SteveS1234567

Default Looking at a new Active Thunder

I am new to this board, but I have been a quest for a while and I am now looking at a new Active Thunder and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the boat. It is a 37 AVH and I am looking at powering it with 525's and xr drives.

Thanks

Old 07-11-2003, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AT 37AVH - Nice Boat
525 - Problems: do a search on this forum, there have been a lot of problems with overheating

Welcome aboard!

Steve
Old 07-11-2003, 07:32 AM
Registered

SteveS12....7

Welcome to the board. Thunderdan is the national sales manager (I believe) for AT and owns a 37, Jassman also owns a 37, and there are a number of other 37 owners here on the board. I'd check out the Active Thunder forum (scroll down on the main forum page, in case you didn't see it).

I've been on Fast Forward, a 37 AT with 496 Mags, and it is one heck of a nice ride. Workmanship is first class. If I had the scratch, Active Thunder would be on my short list of possible boats.

Good luck on your search!
Old 07-11-2003, 07:33 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

You could not build a better boat and package. I know the 525s may have some issues, but I drove a pair in a new 386 Sonic with ITS/XR drives, and it was smooth as silk.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:34 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Welcome to the board, our own little severely disfunctional family! We may bicker and dicker, and we may not always agree, but one thing is for sure, we will ALWAYS help each other out! There are a few exceptions to that rule in that some members may have had bad dealings and those people are exposed quickly. Aside from a few bad apples, this is a WONDERFUL bunch of people who are ALWAYS willing to lend a helping hand, and if your boat is down, (which inevitably it will be at some time ) you will always have someone to ride with from OSO! I cannot say enough about the people I have met and been fortunate enough to get to know and even some have become some of my closest friends! Enjoy!

As far as the 37 AVH goes....what an INCREDIBLE peice of machinery, and an even BETTER group of people to work with. I have been fortunate enough to meet and spend time with ActivethunderDan. He is the national marketing and sales Director for AT and I have also spoken in great depth with Pat, the owner of AT. The workmanship on the new boats is impeccable and the follow up service is even better. And you haven't even hit the water yet! I have not been in a better riding, better handling, or faster vee than and AT, and the value for your dollar is exceptional. I would STRONGLY recommend speaking with Dan and he will surely guide you through the process with patience, caring, knowledgeand understanding. I would however be careful with the 525's as was said earlier as there seems to be a problem with cooling issues. Furthermore, you can have custom built engines with the same power and reliability without the super expensive blue paint job. Best wishes and keep us aprised of your progress as you go through this most exciting and rewarding experience.

Active Thunder...EXACTLY LIKE NOTHING ELSE!

Oh, and BTW, if this guy PUDER types and you do not understand what he is saying....NO WORRIES, OSO has been working on a PUDER SPEAK decoding device!

Last edited by Shane; 07-11-2003 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:27 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Smart Move!!!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 08:25 PM
SteveS1234567

Thanks for the information, if there is problems with the 525's who else could I look at for motors. I really like the Active Thunders and want to be able to run well at the Poker Runs.

Thanks again...

Old 07-14-2003, 08:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

85 mph with 500 hp's EFI....can't go wrong with the reliability with this setup
Old 07-14-2003, 10:14 PM
Registered

Not sure about how the actual Dollars work out, but you might consider 500 EFI's. I have a new 37 AVH with 500's, XR drives turning stock 32's. I am getting 79 mph @ 4500 rpm. Roughstuff has the same boat with labbed 31's and is getting 83-84. That is a real nice set up.

The reason for the post is, I think you can save some money by buying the 500's and getting the Arizona Speed & Marine upgrade. Should get the boat close to the 525's and save $4,000 or $5,000 and have the peace of mind the 500's provide. You should also gain 2-3 mph.

Not saying this is actually the case, but might be worth investigating.