Notices

ThunderboatAlley.com

Old 04-15-2002, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ThunderboatAlley.com

As many of you may know, I created ThunderboatAlley.com several years ago after purchasing my first Cigarette project. I bought a bare hull and collected hundreds of pictures from the internet so I would have ideas on how to restore her. I spent alot of time and a little bit of money to make it a place where classic Cigarette, Magnum and Squadron owners could go and check out pictures and specs of similar boats to help them with their own projects and to get some ideas. I created a classified section and added a message board. I also sponsored the Summer Fun Run to Claudios last year(and will be doing it again this year)...Those of you who got t-shirts will notice my logo on the back...

It is a very labor intensive site and every update has been done personally by me. Current job requirments and projects which actually pay the bills have left that site quite neglected. I feel that not updating it with new pics, stories, etc is making it quite stale. I see so many pics on the internet today that I would love to download and put on the site, but I just don't have th time to create the pages. I don't charge anything for the classifieds, and I used to get some money from Amazon for linking to their site, but they did away with that program and I am left to pay the bills out of my own pocket...I would like to keep the site going, but need some help, be it ideas or manpower. Is anyone interested? Does anyone have any ideas?

Sean Olsen
ThunderboatAlley.com
Old 04-15-2002, 04:43 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sean i can cut you deal on hosting
Old 04-15-2002, 07:13 PM
Registered

Sean,
I can't offer any help at all. I can, however, offer sympathy and understanding. I have been operating my own site for over 3 years now and what I get in return is the tremendous thanks from all the people that have their boat on my site. That seems to be enough, but I still gotta pay the bills too. I've personally taken over three quarters of the pictures on my site. I need a new host too that can offer me more than the standard 100 or 125 meg. I don't use a lot of bandwidth at only about 50 hits per day, but I am already at 90 some meg and don't have enough space for next years events. I also want a better message board for the local boaters to use.

Puder,
Can you give me a rundown on what you have available? I would like to be able to use a MSAccess database and learn some ASP. Probably would like about 200 to 250 meg of storage and multiple email addresses too.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:37 PM
Registered

Talking

I just checked both sites, and they are both GREAT!
thanks guys

Warren
High Priority Offshore
Old 04-15-2002, 07:53 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

jim i can gladly help out!

i can offer you dynamic hosting support for ColdFusion (i like it, simple to learn, easy to use powerful), ASP (microsoft, AKA i don't like it) and PHP i will be adding eth ability to host PHP sites very shortly.

If you have low bandwidth consumption but need some storage space i can help out. Mutiple e-mail addys is also no problem. e-mail me for more details.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:13 PM
Registered

High Priority,
Thanks for the compliment.

Puder,
I'll email you later, have to go work on the boat right now.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:18 PM
Whatdoin

how much to sell the site?

Old 04-15-2002, 09:31 PM
Registered

Who are you addressing?
Old 04-15-2002, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

We can help out anytimewww.spiritinteractive.com
Old 04-16-2002, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatdoin,

If you are referring to ThunderboatAlley, I hadn't really given any thought to selling it. I would really rather get some help in updating it, like doing some dtatbase driven stuff, as I am really only familiar with HTML. Mebee Puder will be able to help out(hint, hint)!

But, I suppose if somone was were to make me an offer, I'd look into selling it, provided they were serious and intended to maintain the integrity of the site.

Sean

Quick Reply: ThunderboatAlley.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.