Notices

Tampa Bay/St Pete

Old 07-15-2003, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tampa Bay/St Pete

I have business in Florida in August and wondering where the best place to stay is. I have stayed at the Clearwater Hilton before and its OK, just wondering if there is something better. I will also have to drive/fly to Orlando and Jacksonville if anyone knows of something good there. Thanks
Old 07-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Vinoy
Tradewinds Resort
Don Caesar
Old 07-15-2003, 05:47 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Baja~

I plan on making reservations for the OCT St Pete race..any suggestions for a place close to the course???

Thanks...
Old 07-15-2003, 10:11 PM
Registered

Baja, thanks for the reply. None of the places you listed are on the beach, are they within walking distance? They all look nice but I will be leaving my wife by herself without a car for a couple of days and would like for her to be able to entertain herself.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:43 PM
Registered

The Don has been recognized as the best resort in Florida by several different organizations. It's on the beach, just few yards from the Gulf. A 6$ taxi ride will get you to downtown St. Pete Beach and the shops, shops, shops.

I spent the afternoon there today. Two pools with a view of the Gulf and some of the best drinks you'll find anywhere. Great food on-site too. Live piano music in the lobby.

Do yourself a favor, try it.

Wait a minute.....worst place in world to stay. Seedy, old, pink. Go somewhere else, the pool is full of dead opossums. Drunken sailors running through the halls....who would pay $350 for a bikini? I'll be at the pool bar. Two drinks and your toast.

KenD
Old 07-16-2003, 06:54 AM
Banned

The Vinoy is definitely the class of the area. It's not on the beach, but it is on the bay with a big marina. Best Filet Mignon I've ever eaten.

The Don is a first class place, but a very old one. The rooms are quite small. I put a bid in to rehab it several years ago. They were in danger of losing their four star rating because of small rooms and a lack of modern ammenities such as internet access, etc.

I haven't been back since the facelift, so I don't know what it's like in there now.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quest,
The Don and the Tradewinds are both on the gulf side on the beach.

More places, these are all really nice:

-Alden Beach Resort Hotel
-Sirata Beach Resort and Conference Center
-Best Western Beachfront Resort
-Tradewinds Island Grand Resort Hotel
-Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beachfront Resort
-Don Caesar
(These are all on Gulf Blvd, beachside)
Old 07-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

we have condos for rent in madiera beach if interested
Old 07-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by gdfatha
Baja~

I plan on making reservations for the OCT St Pete race..any suggestions for a place close to the course???

Thanks...
Well, I believe the race this year is going to be on the Tampa side. It will be along the Gandy bridge and will be similar in layout to the Marathon Race. The Gandy Bridge has an older sister bridge running paralell to it and is part of the "Friendship Trail," which allows pedestrians. It will make for great viewing. I would recommend anything near the Westshore or Channelside areas. I have to be honest though, I'm not as familiar with Tampa as I am with St. Pete.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

St. Pete - the Don Cesar. On the beach, nice rooms, great amenities. The Vinoy has a little more class, but not on the beach. Although the Vinoy is close to shopping, etc. for the wife.

Orlando - if you're going to be near downtown, there is only one place to stay, in my opinion - the Westin Grand Bohemian. AWESOME bar/restaurant, great rooms, great service.

Jacksonville - no clue.

Quick Reply: Tampa Bay/St Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.