If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Cheap Insurance

My Boats:
    Velocity 41'
    Lake Norman, N.C.

Cheap Insurance

There ain't no such thing. I however heard about the special deal through Allstate through July 31 and had to inquire today. They will insure any performance boat right now without asking the mph. I just checked with mine and can save a ton of money. They will insure it if I add at least a vechicle or house to the policy for about $900 less per year and not require a layup period and you can run the ocean up to 100 nautical miles out without any special clause. I am changing now. I am paying out the a$$ and have a six month layup period. Check with Allstate now.

Charter Member #34 Charter Member Dock Holiday's Avatar
    Beautiful North Carolina
    [SIZE=3]Very Interesting![/SIZE]

Thanks, I will have to check into this.

Brick, NJ
    I have Allstate insurance and I can only say one thing about them..... DON'T DO IT!!! I had a claim last year for a broken outdrive (impact damage) in Aug. and we finally settled in April for a new one. Poor communications, appointments not kept, phone calls not returned for WEEKS!! Original independent estimate that they ordered was for $5000+...... I finally got frustrated and settled for $2300+. Only one good thing....price. But, you get what you pay for. Good luck, Keith

My Boats:
    30' Shadow Cat
    I have Allstate and have had it for years and just changed my boat insurance to them and saved a bundle.I have a cat that will do about 100 and they didn't want to know the speed.As far as claim service I have had nothing but great service.I had someone hit me in a parking lot and run and I never had a problem with the claim.My boat was also hit last year(long story)by another boat insured by Allstate.It was not my fault I was still on the trailer just getting ready to back off the trailer .My boat was in and out of the fiberglass shop in five days no questions asked.I highly recommend Allstate.