Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BEWARE of Power Marine and Blown1500 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54684-beware-power-marine-blown1500.html)

OffshoreOnly 07-19-2003 08:24 PM

Found these two posts in another thread very interesting.

Formulafastech, wake up! Power Marine, Blown 1500, Ambusher, Bobby Daniels, and whatever other name they are using, are all the same group at Power Marine (also are related to each other). They post comments backing each other up to pull business into their shop. I'm the guy that Mark referred to about whipple blower motors being done by Power Marine. I found them from an ad they had placed in OSO classifieds. Mark's story is just a "cliff notes" version of the 6 month experience I had with them. They are the most dishonest marine people I have ever dealt with. I have 12 pages of documented conversations and actions, and yes I had to consult an Attorney in Charlotte too. You want just one example, I sent $18.8K to Robert Horne to purchase my Whipple Systems, and other parts to build the motors. When I pulled my 42 Fountain 9 hours to Charlotte to get the work done, he had not ordered any parts and they didn't even have a shop! My boat sat outside on a gravel landing at Ambusher's house. I questioned Robert Horne about the money and believe he lived on my money instead of purchasing my parts. After my 4th trip (6 mos later) to Charlotte, I finally left with my boat. Yes, he did "bone" Dustin Whipple. When I finally got my boat home (after taking it to Fountain for other work and to fix problems from Power Marine), my computers needed re-programming. I contacted Whipple, and found out Power Marine never paid Whipple for my supercharger systems and they were holding my computers (now you know what the Blown 1500 vs. Dustin Whipple thread was about). I worked everything out with Dustin and don't know what they did with Power Marine. My point is, they have burned quite a few people as Mark said. I never posted anything to trash them publically but did respond to people who requested a reference. I wish someone had done this for me before I ever let them touch my boat. It makes me sick to watch them manipulate people on this site and Fastboats.com.

Formulafastech,
One other thing, you mention Power Marine is Robert Horne that didn't pay Whipple? Do you know who really owns Power Marine? Do some "real" detective work....you might be suprised you again only know 1/2 the story.

Whipple Charged 07-20-2003 03:06 AM

offshoreonly, no attempts of anytype to repay the $14k+ 2 year+ past due account.

jafo 07-20-2003 08:09 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
I'm not sure why performance boating seems to attract so many miscreants willing to fleece people.:( :( :(
The main reason is because of the enormous amount of money involved with some of these boats and the people that own them. The majority are not mechanics by trade, and even if they were, they choose not to work on their boats. This leaves them with having to trust people who are 'walking the walk, and talking the talk'. Big money throws the 'chum' into the water for this type of shark.
If you think it's bad in hi-performance boating, you should see it around aircraft (I realize you are familiar with this, Fred). The only saving grace with the aviation industry is the federal regulations involved with it, but there are shops to avoid just the same.
Jim

Cord 07-20-2003 08:23 AM

I thought that this thread got deleted? Was there a change of heart or did I do a poor job of searching?

MAG502NUM 07-20-2003 09:57 AM

Surely, on this day, good has conquered evil. Now that Jack and his gang of 40 con artists are gone, the technical forum will once again be a place to be enjoyed by ALL. Special thanks to SEABASS, who confirmed and proved my suspicions. MAG502NUM will now be mothballed and will return if the need arises to fight for truth , justice, and the American way! God Bless, All.

nauticaL ILLUSIONS 07-20-2003 10:09 AM

Reading this has really opened my eyes. i have had my engines redone a few years back (at a different shop)and everything was delivered on time and done right. I consider myself lucky. I think that most wanted list is a great idea to find the shops around the county that rip people off and show them for what they are....crooks. Banning the screen names are a great start and stand but is only half the job if everybody on this board doesn't now exactly who's shop, where and under what name. The crooks can always register under a new screen name (like they weren't using a couple anyway) and start over once things cool down, but if there shop is exposed good, then everybody will avoid them likke the plague they are to our sport. Good job everyone. This is what this sport is all about, standing together and helping one another out.

Chris (Florida)

OffshoreOnly 07-20-2003 11:10 AM

Whipple, not sure what you mean. I plucked that post off the Tech board.

Allan4 07-20-2003 01:03 PM

Allright, I've had enough. I was going to stay outta this one, but......

This entire thread is full of discrepancies, and maybe I should not even be typing right now, because I am infuriated. Not about Mark v Robert, but by just about everything else. Infact, I will not comment on that issue, for I know nothing about it, I will only say that it seems like keeping a motor for that long is too long.

I'm curious how many posts have been deleted in this thread, I'm not sure if any, but curious. Why were they deleted, if they were, and by who?? Not saying any were, just asking.

Doc, you have done the right thing by going the extra step to make things accurate. You are to be comended for your apology and thanks for the pm's. Also, thanks to those who have helped me via pm's and phone calls on this issue.

I am reading a TON of character bashing that seems to be riding on what "some other guy" said. Some of you guys are totaly dismantling the character and credibility of someone who apparently has done absolutely nothing wrong other than use a freaking screen name that you do not approve of. I'm embarrassed.

HOW MANY PEOPLE HERE HAVE THE FACTS??????? I'm wondering. If you have true, accurate info, then I am all ears.

For those of you who have had bad dealings with people on this board, then by all means post away. It protects us all. We need to know. I have no issue at all with the origianl premise of the thread, in fact, I praise it. My post does not concern that, however, how many of you guys who are bashing Bobby Daniels/Jack Bailey know him, have done biz with him or have even had a phone conversation with him???? WHO???? SPEAK UP!!!!! Not with someone he knows, but with him.

Instead, we have a thread that has been deleted, then revived(???), we have posts that have been edited, we have people who make comments on this thread but will not return pm's asking about the info, we have a guy who's credit card bounced and is attacking the party who would not accept it, we have people saying that there are "40" people working together trying to screw others on the board, we have people making comments then apologizing for the bad info they passed along, we have people "Certain" that there are multiple alias being used on a regular basis by one person, only to be proved wrong, we have people who have just joined and are not members who are raising cain.....Hell, a few of you could be sued for the things you have said on this thread. How much of any of this is true?? Maybe it's just me and I am nieve or something, but I am truly sadened some of the stuff I have read.

I'm no angel, no doubt, and please understand I am not trying to attacking anyone with this post, just venting and commenting on what I have read here. I've certainly typed things on OSO that perhpas I should not have. But, I tell ya, I got almost 3K posts on this site and over 2 years worth of time and I consider this an extension of what I do in my daily routine of life. I can't even begin to tell you the incredible advantages I have experienced totally due to this site.....business, personal and the such. Met TONS of wonderful people to boot.....this place has been a huge positive in my life. But threads with this much garbage make me wonder sometimes.

As for Bobby Daniels.....He has been a HUGE help to absolutely ANYONE who as needed it in the tech section. And no, I do not personally know him either. How many of you have thanked him for saving you time, $$ and headaches?? How many of you have gone out of your way to help others on this site the way he has?? VERY FEW!!! Has he ever asked for anything in return?? So he uses a different screen name....I find it odd also, but that does not make him bad. Now he has been banned and I think that this site is a lesser place without people like him. He can't even defend himself, and that is totally wrong, so who has the big beef with him? What is it about? Let's hear it.

I purchased 3 gallons of Red Line gear lube from him....paid with a card, showed up at my door 4-5 days later. Smooth transaction, as all my OSO ones have been. I have talked to him on the phone a few times, a few pm's and I tell ya, you would have a hard time finding a nicer guy. I do not know him, just talked to him, but I did some research before I posted and found out he, in my mind, is what he appears to be.....a good guy who helps others who is getting lambasted for no good reason. I'm not really defending him, I don't really even know him, I am just defending what's right. And what I see here is wrong.

We all have skeletons, myself included, keep that in mind when you attack someone as hard as what has been seen here.

**Please underestand I am not critisizing the original idea of this thread, I AM attacking the accusations that have been made that have been proven false. The entire thread should be deleted in my mind....I think a couple of you should wish the same thing, becuase you have diminished your value to this site, in my opinion. For those of you who have acted accordingly on this thread, you are a benefit to our site and community and thankyou!!***

Sorry for the stupid long post, just venting and looking out for the good of decency and this site that I call home. I really hope this mess is sorted out, good luck to all, sorry if you take my comments wrong, it is out of concern. Time to hit the water!!!

Allan:)

ragtop409 07-20-2003 01:22 PM

Originally posted by Allan4
Allright, I've had enough.

As for Bobby Daniels.....He has been a HUGE help to absolutely ANYONE who as needed it in the tech section. And no, I do not personally know him either. How many of you have thanked him for saving you time, $$ and headaches?? How many of you have gone out of your way to help others on this site the way he has?? VERY FEW!!! Has he ever asked for anything in return?? So he uses a different screen name....I find it odd also, but that does not make him bad. Now he has been banned and I think that this site is a lesser place without people like him. He can't even defend himself, and that is totally wrong, so who has the big beef with him? What is it about? Let's hear it.

I purchased 3 gallons of Red Line gear lube from him....paid with a card, showed up at my door 4-5 days later. Smooth transaction, as all my OSO ones have been. I have talked to him on the phone a few times, a few pm's and I tell ya, you would have a hard time finding a nicer guy. I do not know him, just talked to him, but I did some research before I posted and found out he, in my mind, is what he appears to be.....a good guy who helps others who is getting lambasted for no good reason. I'm not really defending him, I don't really even know him, I am just defending what's right. And what I see here is wrong.

Allan:)

So why was Bobby BANNED? Enquireing minds want to no? Charlie

Allan4 07-20-2003 01:37 PM

Originally posted by ragtop409
So why was Bobby BANNED? Enquireing minds want to no? Charlie
Rag,

I'd like to know also.....infact, I think most everyone would like to know. There is alot of "oddness" involved it seems.