Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BEWARE of Power Marine and Blown1500 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54684-beware-power-marine-blown1500.html)

H2Xmark 07-21-2003 05:40 PM

just goes to show most people dont talk about the good that someone does, they only hammer the bad about them, its always nice to hear some good news, hope Mark will have some good news also

CHAOS REIGNS 07-21-2003 06:36 PM

well -- still no word

but

I do need to say something here --

I drug bobby daniels, Jack Bailey and Ambusher into this -- and for that I do apologize -- not because I think they are completely innocent

but i apologize cause i really don't know -- I heard some things and put what i thought was 2 and 2 together

bottom line is i personally have not had any bad dealings with them as they are named.

I edited my first and second post very soon after posting --and i removed their names -- that maybe why some of this looks very confusing.

I hope to have an update soon

Mark

H2Xmark 07-21-2003 08:06 PM

keep us posted on the boat, i know you want it ASAP but it might take him a couple days,
Mark

26scarab 07-21-2003 09:27 PM

Originally posted by formulafastech
This is what people on OSO have to say about Bobby Daniels. None of these people are from anywhere near North Carolina. These are all from the thread on Comp Cams, which has been removed. BTY, OSO WHY was it removed??

From Birdog in Ohio:

Can we give Bobby D. his own section ?
"Bobby on Tech"

Thanks Bobby !! guys like you make this place !!!

From Ragtop 409 in Washington State:

Ya what he said! Rag's (reference to Birdog's post)

From Tripps in Long Island:

Iv'e been on OSO for a long time and Bobby Dainels tells the truth and always has good answers!!! Go Bobby!!! Tripps

and finally, part of the original post from Bobby Daniels. Make sure you notice how much he charged the customer for a repair that was not Bobby's fault. ZERO!

I can't charge the customer for this foul up so we have to eat tons of labor and thank goodness we cut the filter open at the first change or he might have been short 2 motors a few hours later .
Also a good buddy got a cam for his 29 fountain and 1 of my personal 2 is bad we found as well as Gregs above ,man !!!

Bobby/Jack has been tried/convicted/hung on OSO with no chance to speak for himself, in his defense.

From 26Scarab,
Although I haven't spent thousands of dollars with Bobby/Jack he still saved me quite a bit on replumbing my fuel system. Also he has the best price on Redline gear lube.
His tech advice as been helpfull and I'm currently talking to him on a cam to hopefully solve my lifter issues.
I don't see why he is still banned from OSO.

mcollinstn 07-21-2003 09:27 PM

OSO wants somebody to post a business license for Power Marine, but he has exiled everybody related to Power Marine (maybe not Ambusher, I'm not sure). That's odd.

Fknlawyer has branded all 40 miscreants as known con artists, but he must have access to privileged information cause I've not seen evidence or proof on this thread (with the exception of a separately-threaded message regarding lack of payment on some Whipple products that was difficult to understand and am not sure what it did or didn't "prove").

Bobby Daniels/Jack Bailey was convicted because he "thought" OSO was shaking its finger at him? (I also thought OSO was shaking its finger at him). The allegations were that he was involved in "gang-raping" the forum to "set the hook" on unsuspecting moneybags boat owners. I'm not convinced, given the "evidence" shown here.

Blown1500 rode a man's job for six months and then outsourced it to somebody who crammed it full of junk parts. That's hard to forgive, but he appears to be trying to right the wrong (which I promise is more than the guys around here would do - they'd let you drag them into court over it). I'm NOT trying to minimize Mark's pain at all. ALL boatowners have experienced some form of this treatment, and it is truly painful. But he is now a goner from this forum, too.

It was certainly in Mark's best interest for OSO to keep Blown's membership in the green until this issue was resolved. I feel that OSO has chosen a bad time to strip Blown from OSO cause he may now feel that he has no reason to keep his name clear on this forum.

Piling on. That's happening alright. While it would be tremendously helpful for those who HAVE experienced questionable dealings with Blown/Bobby, et al, to post them in this forum, all we're getting is he said she said. Clips of other threads that are out of context here, exaggerations, and worse. We've even got a complete contingent of chest-puffers beating their fists and claiming that NOBODY would get away with treating THEIR motors "that" way.

Jeez.

Mark, I truly hope you are treated fairly from this point forward cause it sure sounds like you've been dragged thru the mud up to this point.

Blown, I hope somebody gives you the chance to defend yourself if there is anything to actually defend OR to at least be able to fess up and apologize if you are really a con.

Bobby/Jack, I hope OSO gives you the option of renewing a membership with a non-misleading screen name and allowing you to attempt to clear your name as well.

Maybe OSO would let you guys come back if you would submit business licenses and maybe buy some ad space (not trying to be smart@ss, I'm trying to be serious).

OR

Maybe I'll get exiled cause I'll be tried and convicted of being in cahoots with Blown & friends.

Who knows.

cheers
M

mikes280 07-21-2003 09:43 PM

jack and i have been friends for over 20 years.i have gotten most of my parts for most of my motors from him.we all want what we want now not tomorrow but in this business i have learned that does not always happen.i have gotten him out of bed late at night to get parts his son has been a delivery boy for me . hell whenlighting blew up my big screen TV he loaned me one just as nice . it is not wright that he not be able to respond to this negative talk about him and it lowers the integrity of this board that it will not allow him that right. i am a member and not afraid to use my name but some of the people throwing dirt will not if you are going to talk about someone on this board have some balls and don't hide behind a screen name. mike ledford

MovinOn 07-21-2003 11:18 PM

Originally posted by Dock Holiday
Your password is "Donald Duck":D
Doc.. Doc can you fill in the blank's K--- M- B--- and as for thoes damn duck's i heard they was killed by some sharp shooter duck hunter this past season. then had the nerve to e-mail me and ask if i wanted em mounted.. i said Nope Flying would be just fine.. Oh and BTW you see where that rock hit your boat ..?

MovinOn 07-21-2003 11:28 PM

Originally posted by mikes280
jack and i have been friends for over 20 years.i have gotten most of my parts for most of my motors from him.we all want what we want now not tomorrow but in this business i have learned that does not always happen.i have gotten him out of bed late at night to get parts his son has been a delivery boy for me . hell whenlighting blew up my big screen TV he loaned me one just as nice . it is not wright that he not be able to respond to this negative talk about him and it lowers the integrity of this board that it will not allow him that right. i am a member and not afraid to use my name but some of the people throwing dirt will not if you are going to talk about someone on this board have some balls and don't hide behind a screen name. mike ledford
Oh Chit!! who's done pissed off the Big Boy. Mike i need nutter bucket popcorn .. bring me nudder one we close to each other.. but i'm with you .. he's never done anything, once more i'll post is but help me when needed..Jack i sure hope this mess get's straightened out & soon if not.. by golly i'm gonna have to get ut Ummm Fear This in water and come after you, don't know what i'm gonna do when i get there sure as h--- can't pick u up and throw you in water.i will need helppppppppppppp.

cuda 07-22-2003 03:43 AM

When Blown1500 came on and said he would make it right with Mark, I was thinking everyone else should get off his back so that Mark could get his boat fixed. The way everyone piled on, justified or not, Blown may have said "fck it, there's no way to clear my name now" and blown off Mark.

Everyone makes mistakes in business, it's how you deal with them that makes the difference. Let's hope Mark gets treated fairly.

vagrant 07-22-2003 06:50 AM

Well Said Mike