Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Latest Lake News (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54786-latest-lake-news.html)

wannabe 07-18-2003 08:14 PM

A 58 Foot Sea Ray?

That is a huge cruiser, must weigh 35,000 lbs at least!

I know LOTO is big but I cannot imagine having something that big on a land locked lake.

But the real issue is ALCOHOL and piloting a boat DO NOT MIX.

Wannabe

Von Bongo 07-18-2003 08:32 PM

38,500 dry so probably 40 plus for a 50, guess it is a good thing that they were both pretty large boats or it would have been much much worse. A 56 is 50,000

mpally 07-18-2003 08:39 PM

The 58 is not even the biggest boat at LOTO. I know there is at least one 65+ Carver, I agree though, why do you need something that big on a lake.

WRedmann 07-21-2003 10:02 AM

any new info on this?

Tbonepmp 07-21-2003 10:32 AM

I WENT BY JOHNNIE V'S DOCK ON SAT. AND I DID NOT SEE THE SEA RAY SO IT HAS PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN YANKED OUT OF THE WATER OR IT IS SITTING AT A MARINA SOMEWHERE..???

jawbreakerkid 07-21-2003 10:43 AM

Tbone- the 580 was at his dock on sunday. i took a look at it. it really wasn't that bad. the bow railing, anchor, rubrail were damaged. there was also a big scuff from just above the water line up to the rubrail on the very front, starboard side. i expected to see a lot more damage considering that the other boat was a total loss.

jbk

bajabob38 07-21-2003 10:47 AM

Originally posted by catmando
So which one was the standoff vessel? If the Sea Ray was making a left turn and the Trojan was approaching from that direction, the Sea Ray had the right-of-way. If the Trojan was approaching off the Sea Ray's starboard bow, The Trojan had the right-of-way.
The drivers of both boats were arrested on drunken boating charges by the Missouri Water Patrol.

I think you can throw who had the right away out the window.

Gary Anderson 07-21-2003 11:32 AM

Anyone heard any details on this (from MO WP website)

NEWS RELEASE ID : 030089 BACK
Incident Type : Report Date : Incident Date :
FALLING OVERBOARD
07/21/2003 07/21/2003
Waterway : District : Report Time : Incident Time :
LAKE OF THE OZARKS 2 6:05:00 AM 12:20:00 AM
18 MM OSAGE BEACH, MO CAMDEN
Summary :
THE BOAT WAS IDLING AWAY FROM THE SALTY DOG. IT HAD BEEN IDLING FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES WHEN THEY GOT TO THE 18 MM. THE VICTIM, TIMOTHY KOESTER, WHO WAS SITTING IN THE BACK OF BOAT, STOOD UP AND JUMPED OUT OF THE BOAT. THE PASSENGERS HEARD HIM, THEY PUT THE BOAT IN REVERSE. THREE PASSENGERS JUMPED INTO THE LAKE TO LOOK FOR HIM BUT WERE UNALBE TO LOCATE KOESTER. SOME NEARBY RESIDENTS ALSO WENT TO ASSIST AND CALLED 911. RECOVERY OPERATIONS ARE STILL UNDERWAY.

tanned fat looks better 07-21-2003 03:01 PM

Originally posted by Tbonepmp
I WENT BY JOHNNIE V'S DOCK ON SAT. AND I DID NOT SEE THE SEA RAY SO IT HAS PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN YANKED OUT OF THE WATER OR IT IS SITTING AT A MARINA SOMEWHERE..???

When you get a BWI at LOTO if there is no one sober who can operate your boat it is impounded. I believe the impound can be more expensive then the $500.00 BWI fine. I think it has to do with size of boat, how far it travels to impound and how long it is there.

I would imagine the 58 was in impound is why it was MIA for a while.

This is not the voice of expierience talking but I know a few who have been nailed.

later 07-21-2003 05:13 PM

is Johnny V in the auto biz here in St Louis?
later