If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Boats:
    98 Baja 36 Outlaw
    To put it another way, you can relate the Baja to a corvette in the sports car world. Its not t he most expensive and refined performer but you get a lot of bang for the buck. I personally love my Baja 240 sport. If I had more money, I would have bought something nicer like a Cigarette or the equivelant. But cost is a factor. Lets be honest, for enough money, you can make any boat go fast. Bajas just start you out at a lower cost.

My Boats:
    NJ & S. Florida
    i have a 2003 baja, and when i was waiting for the boat to be delivered, i was told so many negative things from other boat manuf. fans about how the boat would ride, turn, , that it would porpoise, twist, etc... and it does none of these things, we run it hard and it rides great, it's not top gun, but it's just fine! and it's pretty much turn key!

Platinum Member Platinum Member johnnyboatman's Avatar
    My Boats:
    i had a baja for a couple of years never had a problem it was a 94 290 os now owna FOUNTAIN 92 35 lightning the baja was slower , but ran great, had more cockpit space, if i sold my fountain and ran across a good deal on a 33 outlaw ide take it

My Boats:
    1997 Fountain 35 Lightning
    beaumont tx
    I have had great luck with my 29 outlaw it has twin 454mag mpi's in it, will run over 70 on the GPS, it is a production boat, but Baja uses all the good stuff when they build them like vinylester resin,premium gelcoat, end grain balsa core, hand laid bi-axial laminates, plexus bonding, and many other high quality building operations, if the boat surveys well and he likes it, buy it

Park Ridge, IL/ Sheridan Beach, IN
    Thanks for the continued responses. I showed him this thread and he's considering looking at a couple of local Baja's this weekend.

Now his dilemma is whether to buy an older, but bigger boat, or a newer, smaller boat - i.e. an early 90's 33-35' boat (in good, well-maintained or refurbished condition) or a newer 27'-ish boat.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Steve 1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Slippery when wet!
    Beautiful Fort Lauderdale
    Also check out the owners forum they have a huge following and any questions can be answered there.
    Slippery when wet. "POD" Free Tunnel through Common Sense Engineering

My Boats:
    2003 Baja 33 Outlaw
    New Jersey
    My wife & I went to the Atlantic City boat show in Feb. '03. We checked out all the brands and concluded that Baja, less the steps, was not much different than the more expensive competitors. We ordered one w/ custom paint, rec'd it about 4 weeks ago and absolutely love it. Check it out in the Baja owners forum under "Here's my 33"

My Boats:
    was a 89" Formula 311-SR1
    In the Mountains
    Whether a prop is designed to stern lift or bow lift, what's that got to do with the ride characteristic of a boat? Hydromotive will be the first to tell you their props are designed to lift the stern, and their Quad IV's sure worked on my 311 Formula, as they will work on any ass heavy boat that has a decent natural bow lift ride attitude. At speed it has the effect of creating a shorter "x" demension, less drag equals more speed. I believe they were also referring to 30 ft. and over boats. Like I said, just spin a prop that helps create bow lift. duhhhh....

Hey Russ....I'm running an 86 f302 that feel like a heavy pig with the mirage plus 25 pitch props (thru TRS drives). Do you think I should consider a 4 blade? What differnce did you notice? Thanks.. Glenn

Charter Member #34 Charter Member Dock Holiday's Avatar
    Beautiful North Carolina
    I have never met a boat I did not like. They all have positives and negatives.

It is a matter of personal choice. As long as you are on the water going fast and making noise, who cares.

By the way,

"Baja Rules".

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast