New to "go-fast" boats, question about Baja

Notices

New to "go-fast" boats, question about Baja

Old 07-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
Whether a prop is designed to stern lift or bow lift, what's that got to do with the ride characteristic of a boat? Hydromotive will be the first to tell you their props are designed to lift the stern, and their Quad IV's sure worked on my 311 Formula, as they will work on any ass heavy boat that has a decent natural bow lift ride attitude. At speed it has the effect of creating a shorter "x" demension, less drag equals more speed. I believe they were also referring to 30 ft. and over boats. Like I said, just spin a prop that helps create bow lift. duhhhh....
Never had a problem with a heavy bow on a Baja, especially on the 29, if anything that boat is stern heavy
Old 07-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't know if I would go that far, Not that Baja's are bad but they don't hold there value like a Cig and for the long term the Cig will hold together better.

But, the more a boat cost, the more its gonna depreciate, There aren't many Baja's that you can lose 100,000 on in a year, but I have seen 02 Top Guns T.S. for about that much less than new
Old 07-24-2003, 09:04 PM
Registered

Sure would like to try one of those new Skater "V" bottoms. If they are anything like their "cats" there's a new sheriff in town.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:35 PM
Registered

Great boats for the money. I currently own one. While they may not be the ULTIMATE offshore machine, they will do 95% of what the top manufacturers will do for sometimes 50% of the cost. (These are approximations of course). They sell so many because they are built well and satisfy their customers.
As with any boat have it surveyed or have several good friends with performance boating knowledge check it out first.

Happy Shopping,

Stephen