Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Judge's Decision (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54982-judges-decision.html)

Reindl Powerboats 07-21-2003 01:35 PM

Looks like great news for APBA. Let's put all this behind us and move forward - as a group.

Looks like Mike and the Offshore LLC are ready to move forward and resolve all this quickly. Hopefully this will all be resolved quickly so we can go back to making the sport better and getting more sponsors for the race teams and the sport.

Dredgeking 07-21-2003 01:54 PM

dock, that was my point also. i forgot who was going where and why they were going there. sometimes the job takes priority over remebering all the OSO threads. what are you gonna to do?

THEJOKER 07-21-2003 02:07 PM

Great News

Great news for APBA Offshore Power Boat Racing! See yall in Sarasota.

BH
P5-33 JokerPowerBoats.com

CigDaze 07-21-2003 02:18 PM

Let's put it this way in very simple terms:

APBA Offshore LLC was in favor of SEA-TAC, but some details of the precise by-laws contained within will still need to be refined.

Rather than who won and who lost, it's more important to look at what's done and how we can move forward from this point, in a manner which benefits the racers in all categories the most.

CigDaze 07-21-2003 02:19 PM

Originally posted by dockrocker
I think you misunderstood - it's not that people don't care, it's that there has been so much manure slung around here on this issue, that no one knows what this decision means. Cripes, I thought Sea-Tac was some cheesy science fiction show about a submarine with Roy Schneider as the captain ;) :D
LOL! Dock...Roy schneider. :D:D

Understood...It's not easy to follow sometimes. ;)

RumRunner 07-21-2003 02:26 PM

Sounds great, now it's time to move forward.

Ron P 07-21-2003 02:32 PM

Hey Mike, I still liked the idea of racing to see who would win. A duel on water to sort things out.

Regardless, just get it fixed as expeditiously as possible so we can all move forward.

14-H 07-21-2003 02:35 PM

Armchair Interpretation

Well: Some of the stuff, I agree, I understood from the ruling as Mike A. has set forth. Other stuff... well, I guess we'll have to wait for the written order. For instance: Mike A's post was the first I heard of any mention by the judge of the validity of the Offshore contract (or any mention of the contract at all). But, I wasn't there so we'll wait and see. 14-H.

Bloobyyou 07-21-2003 03:19 PM

Originally posted by Mike A.
Here is what I heard the Court ruled today and hopefully it will clear many issues up here and now:

1. Sea-Tac was lawfully approved and is valid.

2. Sea-Tac was not properly implemented.

Thus:

1. The Court shall appoint a Special Master to oversee the proper implementation of Sea-Tac including the drafting of the bylaws which conform to the Sea-Tac Plan.

2. The Special Master shall also oversee an election of the Performance Board and of the Performance Category reps to the Sea-Tac Super Board.

In short Sea-Tac was valid, lawful and shall govern APBA. The Special Master shall be charged with ensuring that Sea-Tac is properly and lawfully implemented.

In the interim the court did appoint me, Jones and Garbrecht to the APBA Board as well as Haunenstein, Allen, Wheeler and Ziggy. Strang also shall serve as interim chairman. This Board, however, has VERY limited powers, however.

The court also denied the petitioners' motion to have me held in contempt.

In summary then, here are the key results of the court's ruling:

1. Sea-Tac is legal.
2. Sea-Tac now must be properly implemented.
3. The membership must vote again for the Performance Board and its representatives to the Super Board.
4. Allweiss is not in contempt of court for offering the Stock Outboard event in Key West.
5. R. Steven Hearn is not the President of APBA.
6. The LLC license is intact and no one can interfere with it so APBA Offshore Powerboat Racing, LLC remains the exclusive APBA representative and sanctioning authority for offshore powerboat racing.

Hopefully, now that the court has ruled, the parties to this dispute can sit down and work everything out so that the association can move forward with no more controversy and conflict.

As a show of good faith, I would be willing to sit down immediately with the interim board and resolve this entire matter together including the Florida litigation. Both sides fought hard for what they believed in but now it is time we put these matters behind us and look to the future which is much brighter today than yesterday.

Mike A.

hey mike A. Why is it the first post you put up SAYS (THEY HAVE LIMITED POWER) so what power do you have?

Bloobyyou 07-21-2003 03:20 PM

OH excuse me VERY limited powers!!!